1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Is Going on with this Thing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevman, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Chevman

Chevman Junior Member
    from NE PA

Ready for this, I have an 04 2500hd silverado 6.0, 4:10 rear, every time I am towing with this the right rear tire and axle are making a hell of a grinding sound that I can not figure out, had to the dealer and they tell me they don't hear it, they must be deaf because even my wife and kid hear it, any clues so I can tell the how to fix there product, damn kids anymore at these dealers should have paid more attention when in school, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

sounds like you have a bad wheel bearing. when they first start to go bad you may only notice a noise while there is a load on it. try puttin a buncha weight in the bed then take it to the dealer so they can hear the same thing you do while towing.