1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is causing this?????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by procut, Jan 22, 2013.

1. procut

procut Senior Member

I have a uni-mount that will work sparatic. My driver said that when he was plowing with it and everything was working great, then it woudn't angle, but would go up and down. Then after a few minutes it wouldn't do anything, woudn't raise, angle, or anything. It sat for a few minutes and started functioning fine.

The only thing I did noice was when the ignition is turned to run, the plow will raise, angle left, right and then back left and then won't do anything. If you then start the truck it will work fine. I swapped controllers from another truck and same thing.

Just trying to figure out whats up with this thing now, as I don't want it failing during an event. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. mranum

mranum Member

Could be a frayed or cracked wire.:confused:

Had a similar problem with mine, where it wouldn't angle at times. I was convinced it was coils or valves but turned out to be a crack in my wiring harness. On the plow side right at the point the wires enter the plug. It was very hard to see. New harness and been fine ever since.

3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

had a similar issue it was a loose ground wire for the controller on the battery .

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea look at the 9-12 pin connector right at the where the wires go in. like what was said

5. procut

procut Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, I'll do some checking tomorrow.