1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is an HTS worth on the used market?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

gonna upgrade truck and plow for next season. what is the HTS worth to sell it? light use, 4 years old, backdrag edge.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Hard to say. Depends on what u include and if the buyer can use all your stuff.
    Since you r upgrading I expect u will keep the vehicle mount and wiring. That means buyer is looking at $1200+ for mount, isolation module controller and harnesses.
    So if it's in good shape divide what you paid by two, subtract $1200 for what you r keeping and start from there. Of course look on Kajiji and eBay to see what others r charging if there r any for sale.

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i will sell it all together since i will be getting an hd truck for next year. i was hoping to get somewhere in the $2500-$2800

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If it's all in then the calculation is easier. But when you put up an add be sure to mention what model, year and headlight type it came off of. For example, 2001 Ford F250 with HB13 headlights. This way a person can know if your mount and headlight harness will fit their truck. This will save them lots of cash and get you a better price. Another thing you can do is go to the "Quick Match" on the Western website and punch in your vehicle information, when complete it will list all the part numbers that were used to install on your truck. So when a potential buyer looks up his vehicle on Quick Match it will tell him what parts he can use on the next truck. A lot of mounts and harnesses fit numerous models and years of trucks so just because the buyer doesn't have exactly the same truck doesn't mean your stuff won't fit. Especially the headlight harness. Your isolation module (there are three but they will all provide basic functions on any vehicle, DRL is only difference), control harness and control will fit any vehicle but truck mount and headlight harnesses are different. That's only about $400 that the new guy will need to spend so don't drop you price more than that when someone says it won't fit his truck. And if you don't sell the mount and headlight harness post it online for sale at half what it costs new to cut your losses.