1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is a snow plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 4x4k20, Dec 9, 2000.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 Member

i live in ga never seen one
  2. fordkilla454

fordkilla454 Junior Member

Where do you live in Georgia. Im living in Atlanta right now. Like you ive never seen a snow plow either. How much do they resemble a dozer blade?
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

5. 4x4k20

4x4k20 Member

i live in williamson ga.i have never seen a snowplow up close mounted on a pickup can they be used for other purposes
  6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I think we've just entered the Twilight Zone"
  7. MJ

MJ Senior Member

Interesting posts, though, considering the site we're on. Welcome and stick around.

8. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Here in Illinois, we use them in November to hunt and process venison prior to snow season.
  9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I've used them to push leaf piles back into the woods at places where I was dumping them (with permission of the property owners).
  10. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

At our shop complex there is a warehouse that has tractor trailers coming in all day, and everytime we are out in the yard some of the truck drivers come over and always have many questions about the plow controls in the cab of the truck and what the frames on the front of the trucks are for and ect., ect. Most of the drivers are from Georgia or Florida and they all say the same thing that they have never seen one before!!!! Crazy HUH
  11. Sammy

Sammy Member

Just watch the news tomorrow. There will be lots of them on tv for you to see how they work in Ill., Ind., and Mich.