1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is a reasonable price to sell my truck for?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Emerscape, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

AS some of you might know I've been wanting to sell my 1999 F450 Dump diesel 4x4 for a little while now. It currently has 70k miles on it, vinyl bench seat, clean interior, 7.3 Liter powestroke, auto transmission, new tires front and back, and is in great shape. The dump is a 9' mason and it has a 9' Fisher plow on it. Im at work right now so I dont have a picture but if you look under past threads you can find some pictures that I put up. I was hoping to get 23k for it but what is an absolute reasonable price.. in other words what would u pay..... also I recently put a new battery and alternator in the truck... runs smooth and no problems
  2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Ive seen some of the same exact trucks, execpt they have about 100k miles on them, selling for $17000 with the plow, and they have alot of new parts (wheel bearings, shocks, tires, etc etc.)

But that is in Michigan, Im sure in your area you may get what you want, give or take a couple grand.
  3. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

I don't think you will get 23k. But you never know. I would say 17 is good price. But if you are willing to hold onto till you get what you want someone might come along that will pay that. But might be awhile. Quick sale 15-17k. Got to remember alot less buyers for a 450.
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

15 and ill be up monday
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

and ill bring you coffee :)
  6. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

This is a hard thing to say, price of a truck that has been used and worked hard. You dont see many dump trucks for sale. That has a impact on what you would think your truck can/will sell for. The first person to put a dump truck with your year and options, you would think that might be a good asking price but inturn it might be too high or too low. A brand new F-450 dump with a 9 foot blade would be about $45000 brand new, and you get the puking 6.0 liter engine, they dont even give you a free case of coolant. Anyway, to me owning a couple 7.3's and owning one 6.0:( I would think the 7.3 is more desirable for reilibility and longevity. Something to think about, I hope this all makes sense. Wish I was in the market for another truck, sounds like it would match my fleet perfectly!
  7. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Don't get depressed!--Didn't someone in the Mass area(Malden,I think) get one stolen a week back--See if he is in the market!--I personally wouldn't let it go for less than 19k----Replacement cost---granted s/c 350 are going for around $17k--no dump!--Some landscaper locally may be looking to upgrade when he gets his contracts signed in the spring! A buddy of mine bought a 2000 350 dump 7.3 with blade and paid 19K this summer and he thought he got an exceptional deal! It had more miles than yours--You didn't have any bites off of craigs list? Saw it there a month or so ago!
  8. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

na, didnt get any good bites on it from craigslist or trucktrader. I hate to give it up buy my new job is taking up all my hours.. and with the girlfriend going to law school next year and myself going back for my MBA/MSA im already hurting for money... i parked it out on 139 in marshfield and have gotten some calls on it.. .shoulda done it 4 months ago..

just got an email from one of my landscape clients last night looking to get started on spring work... looks like im going to have to give the project to someone else...
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

10. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

i wasn't planning on giving it away
  11. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

O give it to him for $15,000 minus the plow, dump bed and rims and tires, give him what he pays for:D
  12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

makes no sense to sell a truck, unless your going out of business. i keep all of my trucks. i may not use them all of the time, but i'd rather let them set than give them away. take this for exmple: our 1997 new was $35,000 now if i were to sell it(94,000 miles) i'd be lucky to get $15,000. i'd be loosing $20,000. who wants to loose $20,000. the truck is still worth $35,000 to our business. keep the truck.