1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Is a Meyer?...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MileHigh, Dec 29, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

What Is a Meyer 2-meter snowplow? what does that mean?

2. snoburg

snoburg Junior Member

well I'm new here and just last month i traded a 4 year old snowbear for a 3 year old Meyer 2 meter with a easy mount. the 2meter from what i see is a 6.5 foot plow with a poly board. It is from what i can see a residental plow but beefed up a bit. I have it on my 2005 toyota tacoma with a set of timbrens all the way around. This set up works great for my quater mile asphalt milling drive way and my mother's farm yard. Don't think it is a great plow for parking lots and such. I'm sure others can tell you more

think snow, J

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Basically what snoburg said... the two meters are the down sized personal use plows for the S10's, Rangers, Jeeps....trucks like that. TM-6 TM6.5's are two meters (hence the "TM" designation) Their easy to identify as they use a light weight tubular A-frame and a short mold board.

4. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

There is also a TM-7, 7 feet long

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok a 2 meter in the first pic Easy guys :nono: Yes it is a smaller moldboard on height and width but in the second you can add wings to make the plow wider but the tube frame has its limits of stress on the added weight of the snow. But we do commercial accounts with these and we have plowed up to 18 inches of fluffy snow . They do not stack the snow as high as a full size plow because of the stops on the mount. But with pic 3 you can see the full size 7.5 poly on the same size truck,see the space on either side of the truck but with more height of the plow it stacks higher around 5.5 ft on a good run.These trucks do most the tight spaces full size truck can't fit in.

2meter.jpg

100_0017 (Medium) (Medium).jpg

poly41.JPG

6. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Damn! That's a nice lookin' E57 you got there!:waving:

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

You know what they say about plow men who's equipment measures two meters?

[​IMG]

So i guess I have to get one of these to make my Meyer plows to look better!
    And I thought it was all the sandblasting and painting that did it?

Jay

8. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Plow? there is a plow in that pic?

9. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

fernalddude,

There is a snow shovel in the center of the photo with the girl on the plow. The snow shovel handle is leaning against the girl.

• Where did you get that snow shovel? I've been looking for one of those, but I can't find them anywhere.
    • How well does that snow shovel work?

10. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

you think a meyer tm series would fit on my ford explorer sport trac