1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is a good time frame to accomplish jobs?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oldschoo, Nov 1, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

WHat is a good time to gaurantee to get someone's snow plowed or blown? Within 12 hours of trigger accumulation? Within 16? 24? I don't have a plow capable truck now and can't afford one so I much use shuvels and/or hopefully snow thrower soon, so I'm going to need a bit more time to get all customers snow cleared that the guys with plows.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

THE ONLY one I give a guarantee to is the first person on my route and that is to for them to be able to get out of their driveway by a certain time. Beyond that, I will NEVER guarantee anything. I will do my best; I will give superhuman effort; but no other guarantees. Last winter, I thought I was going to have a problem even with that single guarantee. The town contracted plow hadn't been by and snow was so deep the truck wouldn't clear the snow and the plow wouldn't lift high enough anyway. So I was getting my tractor without a cab ready to head over there to make sure they could get out of the driveway; whether or not they could get up the road from there. At the last moment, the town plow came by. The point is that, no matter what, with a guarantee , you're going to get tripped up.
  3. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

THanks Mick. I'm learning a lot here.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Set up a route to follow. Do a make believe snow event and walk each place to give you a basic time frame. Should give you an idea of how long it will take and about what time you can be at a certain place. Alot of snow events can be bigger storms and require you to do the account more then once.