1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is a good recomendation for front shocks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by TonawandaNY, Feb 27, 2010.

1. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

I have 2005 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with a western midweight. I think I blew out the front shocks today because the front end is now sitting on the timbrens all the time, and it is bottoming out on every little bounce.

What is a good recomendation. I was thinking about something from the offroad market like a rancho or procomp. I do not have a lift kit and I not looking for one either.

Thanks,

Steve

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Bilsteins....pricy but the best aftermarket shock for STOCK applications in my opinion. I love'em on my Tundra. Stiff but perfect off road.

3. bigmac1276

bigmac1276 Member

I really like BDS but they don't make alot of shocks to fit dodge for some reason. I now have Bilstein and I am happy with them.

4. TonawandaNY

I just bought a pair of rancho 9000xl's they arrive on Monday. i will let you know how they do when I get them on.

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Edelbrock IAS are the best I've ever bought, over Bilstiens and less money.

6. TonawandaNY

The Rancho's are working out pretty well! I am pretty impressed