1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is a good price for this truck?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by big schmitty, Jan 30, 2010.

1. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

I am looking at buying a 99 2wd dodge diesel. 180k, it has a newly rebuilt 5 speed and new south bend clutch and rebuilt rear end all within the last year. It is a single cab with an 18'' deep,cab shaped tool box and an 8' pto driven dump bed. The body is in very good condition and the interior is decent with exception of the seat which is torn badly on the drivers side. It runs and drives great. Any ideas on the value of a truck like this?
    Thanks

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Not sure what book value is but I wouldn't offer anymore than 7-8k....

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

check fuel pressure, you must have a fuel pressure gauge or light on those trucks. you dont want to buy a new injection pump. check for a # 53 stamped into the block on the drivers sde below the injeton pump. some were known to crack.id say 5-7k would be fair.

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

2wd..........5K

5. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

It is not a 53 block, and I have an extra vp44 so that's not a problem. My thoughts were to make it 4wd, I have everything to do it lying around my shop. It would make a nice plow truck. The guy wants me to make him an offer, I was going to start low, but I can't find any like this to compare prices on.

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

sounds like you know what your doing, good luck :drinkup:

7. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Sounds like he is eager to sell the truck. Lowball an offer, good luck!