1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is a 2000 GMC 1 ton worth???....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Oshkosh, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, I have a line on a truck and am trying to find a fair value...
    It is a 2000 GMC 1 ton diesel,4x4,Dump body and plow setup,83K miles in fair condition has been worked but maintained also...Any ideas of value? I could probably get it for around $10K.
    I will try and get some photos next week.
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I dont know if this helps but I paid 10,500 for my 2000 2500 silverado loaded LS with 85,000 miles and a meyer plow. 10k doesnt seem too bad for the truck
  3. Oshkosh

Sounds like it is worth taking a look at,in the ball park anyways...If I don't end up needing it this spring I just don't want to get stuck with it...
    Supposed to be nice but you know how that goes...
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah I have heard guys say "the truck is in mint condition, it is worth the drive to come see it" Then you drive for half an hour, get there and the truck is a p.o.s. After all said and done you spend 40 bucks in gas and pissed off. But if it is close, go and look at it. I would definatly like some pics
  5. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Hey oshkosh just remeber that the diesel in that truck will be the 6.5 turbo diesel, people have said both good and bad things about them so do some research on them. Other then that sounda good get the records of what had been done and check it over for rust and rot good, but i am sure you already knew that.
  6. Oshkosh

Yeah all the rust issues and brakes etc... I am now learning I had better check the frame over carefully!!!! I knew the older Gm's had issues behind the steering box but the newer independents have issues by the A arms...Go figure....I'll do some digging...I know they have all the service records just haven't seen them yet..It has been used commercially all its life so I will check it over good....
  7. hemisareslow

hemisareslow Member

Watch Out For The Injection Pump On The 6.5's...when And If They Go They Are Not Cheap...
  8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry about the injection pump. They almost never fail. What fails is the little black box that drives the pump. It has been (intentionally) misdiagnosed by dealers for years because the factory warranty is 11 years or 110k. When the dealer gets paid to do a factory warranty job, they would rather do a $2500 job than a $450 dollar job. I have found new PMDs for $250 on eBay. The 6.5 is not the powerhouse that the Duramax is, and if Big Dave sees this thread he'll lose his mind and start ranting about Cummins, but here's the truth. The 6.5 makes plenty of power to haul itself and whatever you can load on it. I've run mine for going on five years with no major problems, never left me stranded. I tow a 33 foot 11,000 camper up 16, (probably right by your house), push an 810 (when it ever snows) and this year I've been carrying 2 to 3 tons (sometimes more) of mix in the back for my tailgate spreader. I have only the basic mods, shift kit, mechanical wastegate, exhaust with a bigger turbo downpipe made the biggest difference, and I needed a new exhaust anyway. I love my truck! $10k sounds like a pretty darn good price for that truck, as long as it's not a rat that's been abused.