1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what insurance is needed?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Canplow, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Anyone want to talk about goods and bads, Prices, types anything about insurance to inform the new guys.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since your in Canada,it might be a little different down here.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

4. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

just wondering because last year I asked my broker what I needed to cover my construction trailer! he said that I need to switch my truck to a commercial plan extra $1500 a year and a yearly safety $150 Trailer coverage $800 yearly saftey $150 and $1200 to cover the tools is that right just the truck on a full coverage personal plan $1200. Thats like $4000 and to be honest that like half of what the company made Ya bad year so I bought a toung lock chained the doors and through the rims never had a problem!

5. Luis@ NJ

Luis@ NJ Member

I pay $1000 a year for the business insurance (mostly have it for plow jobs) which covers me up to 1 million dollars. And commercial truck insurance is $2450 a year broken up into 12 payments. Sounds like Canada is expensive to run a business :cry::dizzy: