1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What if?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by big acres, Oct 23, 2009.

1. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Would would you do if you agreed to submit a bid for one of those regional/national companies, and they sent you the wrong file by mistake?

If, instead of attaching the specs, they mistakenly attached a spreadsheet with all of a big retail chains locations and the names and prices of guys who have bid so far?

2. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

That would be interesting are you maybe hinting to something.

3. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Let's just say it's a hypothetical question... for now:D

time to let the kids watch netflix... be back later.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Interesting,,

Reminds me of the time I got a landscape construction bid package by email, and one of the attachments was a "Summary of Probable Costs"

5. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

Keep the sheet for reference, and see what the other numbers are. If they are direct competetors u got an insight. If you want to, u can post the sheet on a websight and get the company in trouble. That would be not nice though.

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i guess that depends on if that company happened to be USM, in which case i am pretty sure people here would love to see

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They wanted you to see it. This way you would bid lower!

8. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Was my thinking at first, but it wasn't set up to be "readable"... mainly as a scratch pad for their notes as they call people and used alot of acronyms the I can't figure out.

When I started asking the rep about this and that... I could feel the "Oh sh*t" over the phone.

So we have a dialogue going about the sites in my area, and they seem nice as pie. Of all the companies I've read about, this one has the least amount of crap written about them... the only reason I would consider working as a sub.

The chain isn't one of the super bug retailers talked about frequently, but it is notable for sure.

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

what did you end up doing?

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Send it back of course. (after making copies) lol

11. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Not to be too specific, I could see that the same guy who did it last year was bidding it this year at a MUCH higher price (big surprise). I happened to bid just a couple of bucks lower then the new high price... which bills for the return visit to get a store stamp from a manager who verified it can only be done in person. Thanked them for the opportunity and said the bid is valid until this Friday... also mentioning that it has snowed three times already. We shall see.

Yes, I saved the file Mark:D