1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what if....

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Frostysnow, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

What if i never get to use my plow all winter?!?!?!?! :dizzy: :angry: I am starting to get depressed. I bought back at the end of Dec., and it seems like i just tossed away a bunch of money:dizzy: :dizzy: No snow is in the 10 day forecast, the ground is so soft that i walk on it and sink and we r suppose to have a milf feb. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

It truly is a rough business!!! I would think February will have a nice one for us this year, and don't forget about March. I'm in the Chicago Land area and the last 4 Febs have been brutal! My point is....The last 4 January's have been great, but this one really stinks so February must have something for us!! You know the old flip flop routine!! Anyway, we always get close to our average!!! :drinkup:

3. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

A few lifetimes ago I bought a new Western (January 1976).. then it didn't snow until the end of March.... Thought I had made a major mistake.. but then the next year the infamous blizzard of '77 hit. I paid for the plow - and truck - several times over that year.

The cycles will kill you.. either too much work or not enough - and it always comes at the wrong time!

4. btrussell

btrussell Member

I know what you mean

I know about how you feel frostysnow. I bought my plow christmas eve of 2003. That january we had one plowable event. I only did a few driveways. Then last year we didnt even get enough to push and then we got one plowable snow before christmas 2005. So 2 years with the plow and only used it twice. It's depressing beause the winter before I bought the plow we had snow from mid january to the end of february. I guess I jinxed it or something. So I've been debating as to whether it was worth the money or not. I wish I could get into plowing more like get contracted accounts and whatnot but the truth is we havent gotten enough snow. And to think I thought it was going to be a promising winter. Oh well best of luck to everyone.
    Brian