1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What if this happened with this upcoming Storm?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Jan 20, 2005.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

2. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

I would love for that to happen. So far we have had next to nothing for snowfall a couple of small ones 1-2 inchs barly plowable i am ready for a serious snowfall. No more of this little stuff i want a nor easter to drop a foot + of snow on us for a change.
    Evan

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

2-4" is enough for me. We get to plow on 1" and I don't see beating the trucks up for the big ones. The other thing, driving around is next to impossible when the storms hit. There are just to many people that need to buy milk.

4. j&l snowremoval

j&l snowremoval Junior Member

2 to 4

id rather have 2 to 4 like twice a week now that would be nice!!!! im in northwest indiana so hope we get a little of this storm too be safe guys later

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

2 to 4 -4to8 is just fine for me.Big storms is just more on the trucks and a lot less sleep.

6. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

You make more money on the small storms than the killer big one ill take 3 four inch storms over 1 twelve inch storm.

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

i am happy with anything over 3 inches... payup

8. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Anything over 1" is fine with me, I'de prefer a 2-3' storm a couple of times a week instead of a big storm. Much easier on the equipement!!! and the body!!!

9. zippoz

zippoz Member

wow accuweather's site rocks, anyways i would love for that snow to fall, it just so happens that i re wrote my contracts with my contracts today for 3-5" $50 6-9" 120 and 9-"13" $170

nice and steep but fair i suppose, i havent yet gotten plow anything over that 5 inch bracket yet and i would just love to give it a shot :)

10. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

12-18"? I'd be in heaven! I'm a snow freak like that. Must have something to do with the fact that it snowed on the day I was born........

I'd break out the tow straps, all right. Lot's of people would be needing help.

I wasn't around quite yet......but how does that compare with what happened in '79?

11. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I think we are getting to picky, lets just be happy it is going to snow :nod:

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I have all 3" triggers. I think I'd go for a bunch of 6" snowfalls. No question of "whether it needs it". I just got done with 8" - didn't even start to strain that 3500 diesel with a loaded Vbox.

13. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

have you checked the teamperature

wow, that is so surprising," temperatures will start mild, but it will reach a 100 degrees,may be 180 in an hour or so.they predicted 250 for the limits." said the tranny

14. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

1" to 3 " fine by me. I figure I make more money on those storms than big ones.

15. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I'm right with you, bring on some accumulation!