1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What I Found Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bike5200, Mar 9, 2008.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

First picture
    Pulled up on this lot at 5 AM and this car was sitting in the middle of one of the parking section. Did not get near it. Whats in the picture is how I left it.
    Second picture
    Plowed around this car, found out it was stolen.

P3080027 (Medium).JPG

P3090032 (Medium).JPG
  2. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

not that i have ever stolen a car BUT if i did or was going to, im not gonna steal a ford probe ... like my daddy always said "son if your going to do something do it all the way" aka if im gonna steal a car im thinking bmw/vette/benz.
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

What ? why ? I dont get it :rolleyes:
  4. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

Those look like two different cars in two different locations. The first one looks like a silver BMW coupe or convertible.
  5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

you left that much snow? I woulda gotten near it.
  6. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

Thoes are two different cars. One is a bmw coupe and the other is a ford probe or something
  7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

bmw z4 convertible = silver car.
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You could have gotten alot of the snow plowed up to the BMW. But I would not have gotten really close either. Bill the customer for clean-up time where the car was sitting.
  9. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The only way to get near the car you would have had to push the snow up on the sidewalk to the buildings. There was about 8 inches of snow on the ground and if you would have pushed the snow up there when someone parked in the spot they would have had to climb over the snow to get to the buildings. Also that lot is so narrow that I don't think you could have turn a truck with a plow on it to get beside the car.
  10. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

They are two different lots. The BMW was there early Saturday morning. The lot with the ford was done on Sunday.
  11. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

So, Like, Oh my god. So you went to plow a "parking lot" and there was a car in it....Wow.

sorry if i sound like a smart a$$, i was trying too....

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I don't get why you left that much snow by the beamer? I am so confused about that, WHY!?!?!?!?!?!
  13. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

^^^^^^^ahhhh Haha
  14. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Plowing is done by the hour and salting is done by the pound. As warm as it was Saturday and Sunday that snow is probably melted. I am a Sub for this contractor, all his work is commercial and retail. We got 10 1/2 inches of snow that started on Friday and finished on Saturday morning, on all the commercial lots not one pound of salt was put down. I started one lot Saturday at 7 AM and by 10-11 AM the sun was out and by about 2 PM the asphalt was dry.
  15. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

looks like plenty of room by the beamer to move the snow. drive like your gonna bone it, turn out at the last min, backdrag what u cant get, then push out again... done

just noticed, with the probe, if you look at the parking lines, its not just parked in that lot, its literally right in the middle of it
  16. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

That picture is a little confusing, there are only two parking spot on one side of the beamer and three on the other side, then curbs and landscaping.
  17. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

I would of buried that beemer:)
  18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You should of put a protective coat of snow around it!
  19. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

NOW it makes sense, the whole foreground looks like it was parking lot.
  20. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The contractor I sub for sent a guy by to check the lot on Saturday and the car was still there and he did not plow the parking spots. The owner of the company went by Sunday and the car was still there, the snow was not plowed. The shopping center call Monday morning to come and plow that parking area, the car was moved late Sunday some time. He sent a truck to do it. Spring time is close.:redbounce ::D