1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What I deal with in my town.... Low ballers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

This is the one hack in town!

- The Photo are not very good, but you can see how the truck leans.
    The Back bummper, is about 24" off the ground on one side and 12" on the other LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the other guy, not to bad of a guy dose ok work, but you got to love his Salt unit LOL

[​IMG]

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What are you doing undercover work now? LOL

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Ron, why you taking pics of your other trucks and trying to call them lowballers, LOL:D

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Ron isnt that your other truck. J/K LOL and isnt that Tom S with the pull behind spreader. J/K LOL

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

No I keep telling tom and them about these guys, So I been working onb getting photos of them to show LOL

Funny Funny, you know me, I got to have my name on every thing, and lots of lights too!

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know his truck leaning or you with only one windshield wiper!:confused:

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I think around here most of the lowballers with those kind of trucks plow our gas stations. Which is ok, they are kinda cheap around here, at least I think.

8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

An apartment complex in town had one of those tow behind spreaders, they could use it fertilizer and over seeding too. Still looked pretty funny though.:dizzy:

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Now that's funny!!!! LOL

10. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL I still have the drivers side !

I knew I was going to get hard time about that, but it will get fix

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Maybe it is the land owner?

The garage I have whatever work done I can not do has a old full sized blazer with a plow on it. Next time I am there I will get a few shots of it.

It is barely sitting on the frame anymore the body is so rusted. It leans to the point that it looks like the back tail pipe drags.

This year alone he has saved over $10 grand on plowing though.

Not counting years past. I would say it paid for itself 10 fold+.

Now if that guy above is actually going to commercial lots and plowing then I wouldn't be to worried about him. It should show the dramatic difference in a professionals truck and what he has or whatever you drive.

Would you rather he be out on the corners at stop lights looking for handouts?

12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks like he's driving a truck that is paid for and he is making $$$$$ that he will put back into the economy.....

13. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

I thought i had it bad with the eight year old and his new snow company. You got be beat could be a branch of his company there too.

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Reaper, no that is not the landowner, That is Bill's Landscapign LOL

He Plows, The old folks home (Took it from me this year, I been doing it for the past 4 years or so) He also plows a post office and the Pizza hut.

The GM from Pizza hut ask me one night when I got pizza, If Bill dosent show up or the lot needs done, If he could call us to plow and I told him we would. Then He told me what they pay Bill! They pay him with Pizza Cards LOL

The other guy with the pull behind is no big deal, I talk to him a few times hes a cool cat

15. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hey I might have to borrow that pull behind spreader.

16. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL, It dosnt work to bad, just dosent put much down

17. Young Pup

Maybe I could pay Shawn 5 an hour to sit in the back and throw salt then. Just kidding Shawn.

18. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Pay him flat rate. $.02/ lb

19. Young Pup

I think he is smarter than that. I guess I should get back to the desk cleanup. I have taken a long enough break from doing getting organized.

20. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL yea better give him $.05/lb lol