1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What hitch is on your Boss TGS600/1100 spreader?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get the power hitch?

I paid $1500 ~ last season for my tgs1100 new, bagcutter etc. no power options for lift.

This year i see the same place wants $1899, and was quoted by two other places between $1,650 and $1,920 lol, wtf?

Anyhow, i called another place that deals Boss in NJ, get this, if i choose NOT to buy any hitch for the spreader, I got prices much much lower

$1,050 for tghe tgs600 and $1,298 for the tgs1100, now for those of you who own these, you know that the hitch consists of the square hitch that slides into the receiver, and the mount plate that bolts to the spreader frame.

My local welder is going to make me two adapter plates. Im getting one of each for the F150s, it saved about $800 for two pieces of m etal that cost about $50 plus welding :p

Sure beats $1899 and $1,549 plus tax.
  2. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

yeah the problem would be the wiring and the controller. Make sure you are getting those. They come with the hitches. The wiring and the hitches are worth a hundred or two.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Guess Ramair thought he had them over the barrel by ordering "spreader only". ;)
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Another case of typing first and learning what he got later??
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

So without ordering the hitch part you get no controller?:realmad:

We specifically talked only about the hitch mounting part he said is what the hitch kits are listed as. and i remember him talking about the controller and the spreader itself. Ill call them today to verifiy this at least.
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

well the messed up and gave me the price without a "hitch" So i said ill pick them up as soon as they get two in. Then he says well the mounting kit is $900! I said the power one? i dont need those.

Then he said the standard hitch is $470 list. I said, for that one metal part that you bolt to the frame? yup. I said its a $50 piece of metal and 4-8 bolts at most, ill have one made up for it. If im gonna save $470 list each spreader for a stupid ass hitch, ill have my own made.

He checks his ordering specs, and shows only the two hitch options for the prices. hes like i think they want you to order the power attachment one like the way the plow works.

How could they sell a spreader with no controller? I didnt opt out of the controller part at any point.
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Without ordering the hitch with the spreader, you also inadvertently ordered it "spreader only".

You won't like the price of the controllers separately either. :cry:
  8. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Boss does not offer the "power attachment" this year. It has been discontinued because it was so pricy and no one would pay that much for it. Your two options are the slide in attachment and the RT3 attachment. If you don't select an attachment, you dont get a controller. And like B&B said, buying it seperate will cost you more.

Slide in attachment - $483.33 list
    RT3 attachment - $641.67 list

Both include the controller and wiring.

Controller seperate - $291.75 list
    Truck side wiring - $98.63 list
    Spreader side wiring - $32.56 list

And you get no attachment mechanism.
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah, well i went to pick them up today, like you said.. nothing but two spreaders in boxes :/ Its not that i felt ripped off it i HAD to pay for the controllers and actually had to buy the hitch kit, but even at their cost... somewhere just over $300 after shipping of the two hitch kit boxes was still $700 after tax ADDed on to my two spreader costs.

What sucks is that the kit price added to each spreader, put each individual spreader cost over A. What i paid for my 1100 model last year, and B. both came out to be more prior to tax than what i could have traveled a little and picked them up cheaper.. i was already at the place, and needed to get the harness on the 06 today, which is mainly why i choose to pick them up saturday, so i could finish everything up on the truck, the spreader would do me no good alone, wont need it until late nov /december anyway right?

All total, both spreaders with tax was like $3200 something :realmad: Figure getting one little one and one bigger one, it should be less, but what ever. I cant imagine how much more it would be if i didnt get "pre season" pricing which is 10% off at this place and had to pay the normal $400+ something for each mount kit.

What is the RT3 mount if its not power? Is that one that still has that optional hitch receiver part where you see the backs of pickups with two receivers?