1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What height for tailgate spinner

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bhmjwp, Nov 18, 2014.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I am installing a new Saltdogg TGS07 tailgate spreader. This is my 1st spreader where I have a lot of flexibility on height adjustment. I would like as low as possible and still get a 20' spread pattern. I thought someone could save me a lot of trial and error. This is also the tallest spreader I have owned to fill. So any height I save will save on loading from the ground.

Thanks for the help!

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Keep in mind the lower you mount the spreader the likelihood of spinner getting damaged is increased. I raised my Meyer about 4 1/2" and built a heavy cash bar for it.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Lower it is less area it covers Higher it is wider the coverage

My tailgate spreader spinner is 30'' off the ground Have a bumper wraps around it

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Loading You load it from in the bed

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No, it blocks the T.V.

6. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I load from pallets staged at accounts. Have sidewalk guys to load-but still!
    Main question is at what height of spinner gives 20' spread distance. Might just have to experiment tomorrow.

7. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

I wouldn't want the spinner any lower than my bumper step.