1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What height are your spinners at?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by maelawncare, Dec 10, 2010.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I have heard people say before they set their spinners barely above the ground. And others say they like them high.

Right now my snowex 1075 is sitting at 24" off the ground. Got me to thinking that maybe its a little high.

What are you guys running your heights on?
  2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

A higher spinner will throw farther and better, I myself prefer the spinner as high as possible. Also when it's higher, it's safer from backing into snow banks and piles when plowing. Keep in mind that your truck will drop some when it's loaded with salt ready to go. I just installed a Swenson UTG on my F450 dump and the spinner is about 36-38" off the ground. I love it can't wait to use it the 1st time.

I put my old Air-Flo hopper on an old F250 and had to modify things the get the spinner up to about 15" off the ground.. It has the long chute on it.. It serves as back up so it will serve it's purpose
  3. cplmac

cplmac Senior Member
    from Dundee

I have a tailgate spreader mounted on my F250, the spinner sits about 18" off the ground. Works good, any height will work you just have to adjust your spinner speed to taste. Higher does have an advantage in making it more difficult to back into banks or aprons.