1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What heavy equipment do u have?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by phillyplowking1, May 5, 2003.

1. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I was just wondering what everyone has,heres my list of my big stuff
    6 Case 580L backhoes
    2 Case 590M 4x4 backhoes
    3 backhoes have hydro-hammers

1997 Cat 320 excavator
    1996 Case 9012 excavator
    1997 Cat D-4
    1996 Hamm roller

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well don't have as much as you Philly but they work or for me .'97 case 580L, '75 Hough loader H60E.

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Cat,how do you like the case? All of mine have been pretty good except 1 of the 590Ms blew a hydropump.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Philly I love the case very good visability,and the size of the machine are great I just wish i had a SL or 590.My L seams to lack that extra HP i always need.My machine only has like 1200 hours so far.

6. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

John Deere 344H Loader
    John Deere 210c 4x4 Backhoe

7. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Here is my list, not much now but growing...

Case 590 4X4 loader/ext-a-hoe
    Ford 545 loader tractor with tiller and box scraper
    Case W-14 loader
    Bobcat S250
    Cat D4 dozer
    and the most resent additions
    Bobcat 763 (G-series)
    91 GMC 8500 tandem axle with 12 yd dump.

I am looking at maybe getting a Cat 416C 4X4 loader/backhoe also. But I maybe trading the Case 590 in on it. Does anyone have a 416 or had any experiences with one.

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Team Yamaha if your gonna trade your 590 in go for the 420-430D's they are a nice machine with air ride seats excavatore control arms and full view rear window.

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey cat,what would be the JD equivalent to the cats?Like 210,310,410etc.?

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I think that the 310's are like the cat 416 I don't think any of them are like the 710G's

11. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

We had a turbo charged 710 at the last place i worked,that was one bad azz machine!Probably to strong for it's own good:p

12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I have a Kubota KX 71 excavator and a kubota B21 backhoe.

I love my equipment and i hope to add to it!:nod:

13. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Team Yamaha, you didn't say if you are looking at new or used. Be careful with the early Cats, when first introduced Cat was buying components from other manufacturers and assembling a tractor from them. I believe the whole machine is now manufactured by Cat and is much more reliable.

I had a JD 410 that I thought was the cat's behind, but I'm pretty impressed with the specs and layout of the Cats. I haven't run one, only checked them out in the dealer's yard.

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I like the new cat backhoes they have come along way from the first machines.I tried out one of those 420D's with the excavator controls it was great plus plenty of glass through out.And a must if your gonna order a machine is the air ride seat,what a differance it makes driving it.:)

15. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Its been a while since we had pictures of heavy equipment on here...which leads me to ask, anyone got pictures of their equipment to post?? :D Post em up if anyone has some. Im sure they would be a hit. ;) Mike

16. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I know, I agree with ya. We have been talking about a picture forum but nothing has been done yet because it has been a year and half since it was brought up.

17. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yep, a picture forum would be awesome. I love looking at nice pictures of trucks and snowplows. Its funny as you get older, your tastes change. I used to be so into sports cars and never really cared for a pick up truck. Little by little, as I got older, I started getting this love for pick up trucks and snowplows. Now that I own a pick up truck, my car just sits in the garage and collects dust! Dont get me wrong, I still love sports cars, but when I have to go out somewhere, 9 times out of 10, I take the keys to the truck and not the car. :) I think I started to change feeling when winter hit a couple years ago. It snows and you are stuck in the house cause you have a sports car that cant go. So I would sit by the window and watch for the plow truck to come up the street, that was my big excitement since I was stuck home, not cause I was waiting to go out with the car, just liked to watch him go by. Thats when I started to realize I wanted a truck and plow to be out there too having a little fun instead of being stuck in the house wishing I could be out there too. Oops, sorry to get so far off topic. Now about that picture forum, when we gettin it Chuck? :D Mike :drinkup:

18. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

a pic of my skid steer

skid.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  19. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Nice lookin machine!:drinkup:

20. Roadwarrior

Roadwarrior Junior Member
    from CNY

Cat 312