1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what has broking this winter

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by oppi2010, Mar 3, 2012.

1. oppi2010

oppi2010 Junior Member

just woundering what everyone has broken or damage on there equipment. i went through rear brakes including calipers, lost two pins to my unimount, hit a sign at a taco bell and put a hole in the tail gate bent the rear bumper and bent the dual exhaust hopefully winter is almost over

2. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

I didn't plow enough to break anything this yr

3. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

no snow = no break downs.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Its been a easy yr
    No repairs
    To oppi2010 sound like you take things little slower so dont hit things
    I had a guy working for me once Always in a rush after hitting few signs and using frozen snow plies for a brake ended up putting the plow under the truck I let him go I couldnt afford him

5. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

Lol I would be pretty pissed off if I put a hole through my tailgate

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

My spirit....

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

This guy^

Spot on.

8. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Lol good one! :nod: :salute:

I haven't broke anything except a few bolts but that cost a few bucks only.
    Buddy of mine hasn't had the same luck, brake line, tranny (not sure what specifically), flat tire 2 in the same night, plow hydro pump, hydro line, starter.

9. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I broking my bank account fixing up my plow getting it ready for winter.

Unfortunately, winter never came to broking me. Maybe next year I can broking something...:laughing:

Oh, sorry, I meant :cry:

10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Broke a line at 3:00 am after a 18 hour run .Doing a driveway. Didn"t have a spare with me. Had to call the other truck to finish the last two.

11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Just popped a return spring on my right wing today, other then that all's good.

12. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

One of my bosses combo wing trucks eat a cummins 8.3 lower end.payup

bf.jpg

13. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I broking my Boss push frame.It didn't like that raised MH cover at all.Other than that,just broking promises from Senor Weatherman.:rolleyes:

14. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Nothing major, spreader gas motor, hydro line on a tractor and that is the most of it.

15. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Almost everything we plowed with last year... Lots of worn thru or close to being worn thru Hydro lines on the blizzards. There time was up 6+ years old.

16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I dare say thank God it was a slow start (it's still slow). Nothing major but all happen in the beginning. Blew 2 hoses that looked like they were new. The loader needed 2 new batteries 2 days after it was starting fine, also replaced a starter in it, operator ran it out of fuel because the damn gauge stuck at 1/2, skid steer gelled up twice (with additive in it). Chased my v box tarp half way across a Lowe's parking lot. Other than that it's been pretty good. Now I just have to use up the last 30 tons of salt but that doesn't even look hopeful.

17. willshome

willshome Junior Member
    from mass

In one of the two storms we got my snow blower eat a newpaper did not break anything but 2 hours cleaning it out

18. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

19. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Last year, I had a garden hose get pulled into my 8 horse unit. Wound around the tines like no tomorrow.

Took about an hour to cut through the hose, and I was left with 40 short hoses for the trash man....

20. GA73

GA73 Member

2 complete exhaust systems, exhaust manifold, wheel bearing hub.complete rear brakes,water pump. 4 u joints, set of tires, plow solenoid, set of cables,cutting edges and last but not least box panel, bumper,tail lite, tailgate
    think i got it all