1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Happens when a backhoe drives on the express way

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chs1993, Aug 13, 2010.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Well well yesterday I got a call at work for a back hoe flipped. Cant get into to many details but figured you liked the pics. Long story short a car got tired of being behind the back hoe and cut him off striking the side. Causing 2 more vehicles to get totalled.:dizzy: Took 2 Heavy Duty Tow Trucks and a tractor with a flat bed to remove

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

What the he'll was the backhoe doing on the highway?

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Hope the driver was OK. Also the machine looks to have little damage. Internal damage, well thats different!

4. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

That was my first question! In the middle lane of the road

5. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

The machine wouldn't start and had fluids EVERY WHERE!

6. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

whos got 2 thumbs and getting fired That guy:nod:

7. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Notice that the backhoe has side shift stabilizers, I have only seen them on European machines of this size before. Do any of you guys Stateside of the border use fullsize machines with these type of stabilizers?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Guess it can't run like a deer!

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I wonder if it got in someones headlights...

So you're the towing company? Looks like you had to close the road off...

10. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Not the tow company I was the one that had to coordinate everything and yes the road was closed off which was a lot of fun at rush hour.:gunsfiring:

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I bet that was a real pita! Even when we were in your neck of the woods removing snow last year people drove like friggin idiots. I lost count of how many times our skid steer was almost hit. It got so bad we started blocking off roads ourselves which pissed people off even more :realmad: :D

12. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Oh yeah, Around here 99% percent of the people just care about them selves! I no longer ask my self why my insurance goes up when I have no accidents or points. Its thanks to everyone else!

13. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

So if you don't mind me asking, what is your job called, and who do you work for?

14. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i love when they make it a bigger deal than it actually is, it must be the city in ya, i know farmers that would of rerolled that with theyre pickup lmao

15. salopez

salopez Senior Member

could be a county machine....

where in baltimore are you located? and where was this?

16. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

This was in Baltimore City, On I70 that never got connected with I70 that runs down your way.

17. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I would prefer not to put that on the site.

18. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Lol! I work in the city, but dont live in the city.

19. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

If it's close to my shop,I sometimes run my 410G down the road--really not a big deal.I will pull off sometimes to let people pass but I've been given the 1 finger salute more times than I can remember.Years ago,with my huge 11 ton IH hoe,rear wheel steer,someone in a big azz Lincoln was following way too close and as I made a 90* turn,I had to stop quick,the backhoe bucket rose a little and the cars hood got slammed.Funny.Cops came,of course I was in the clear.I didn't even put a claim in for scratches to my bucket:D.

20. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a 315,yes it comes with vertical outriggers,some other makes do also,usually JCB.I don't,never have used them,but for doing tight foundation type work,I'm sure the space savings would be fantastic,although not very stable.Nobody that I know has them.