1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What happens around here?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lotsoflights, Nov 16, 2003.

1. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

So most places have not gotten snow yet....so being a new member it got me thinking...what happens around here when winter hits and it starts to snow? Is this place a ghost town? Is it even worth checking in on? Do people have laptop hook-ups in their trucks and eating a little snack while typing? :sleeping:

2. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

All of the above... do a search of all the threads over the past years... you can see what happens when it snows... remember its a darn big Internet and it usually is not snowing all over the world. :)
  3. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

I don't remember from last year, but I'd think there'd be a lot of talking, and a lot of picture sharing. I'd keep checking in, absolutley.

4. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

It's busy as heck in winter.
  5. David Smith

David Smith Member

I'm getting impatient...waiting for at least some snow to actually hit the ground!
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You won't beleive the amount of pictures that are posted here during and after ever storm in every area. DEFINATELY check in, HOURLY!! You don't want to miss anything:jester:
  7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

You mean like this wonderful view from the cab of my truck :eek:

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

not everyone is out plowing so im sure this site gets some new posts and threads. some people plow with lap tops so they can post while plowing:)
  9. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

hey, general pattern is during the warm season lawnsite is as busy as can be, right before snow and during and even right after plowsite is busy. and yes even during snow storms, guys are utilizing this wonderful resource to the max, asking questions for problems they have while plowing, pricing and much much more. good luck this year guys. scottie
  10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Kipcom- that wasn’t from this year was it? Couldn’t be, I’m just an hour south of indy and all we’re getting is a crapload of rain :(

As for accessing plowsite from a laptop in your truck, from what I know (which is little) this won’t work unless your internet goes through a cellphone number or something is that correct? My brothers each have laptops with wireless network cards (to have internet) but they won’t work outside of the house really. But I think there are some places of business that have “Hot spots” which let you get wireless internet just being around the hotspot, like in a coffee shop or something. But you can get those from your vehicle you don’t have to be in the building.
    Anyone know more on this?
  11. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Hey accipiter12 where abouts in WA are you? You must have had some snow by now too. I'm north of you and we've had two snowfalls and now it's starting again, although I think it will warm up and may not amount to much.