1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Happened???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cja1987, Jan 28, 2004.

1. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. Woke up this morning expecting to start plowing and NOTHING, not a flake. What a screw up by the weather people. Its one thing to be a little off but to say 12" and get nothing is unacceptable. I am sick of this no real snow this month we need snow and were not getting any anytime soon. This sucks:angry:

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I woke up expecting to see at least a couple of inches on the ground too. There is nothing, and the weather is not very promising for today either. Robbed:(

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

It is going NW. and SE. of you. Sorry.

4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

There may be hope, just picked up a quick inch and more on its way, come on 2 more! You can do it...

5. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

To the weather men and women of New England :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: Plenty of cold and no snow. The heating bill keeps finding its way to my door though!!

6. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

yep... i woke up extremely confused at the lack of snow as well :confused:

7. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

cja1987,

I feel the same. Listened to the 11pm weather and they were still talking 1-3". Got up this AM and found ... nada, zip, zilch!

I think the weather guys are to much into the hype these past few years. They want to boost ratings and generate news. Totally unacceptable.

8. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Yup, there is hope, almost 2 now and still a good swath on radar, Wax the blade!

3-6" still stands for Cape Cod area.

9. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

ok, I figured it out! the weather men/women get a kick back from the bread companies! :D Why else would every 1 inch storm start out as a blizzard?? :angry:

10. crashz

crashz Senior Member

I don't know. Here in Wilmington , we just got an inch in the last 30 minutes or so. But the forecast is saying now only 1-3".

You can never rely on the weather in New England. :mad:

11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Wev were only supposed to get 1-2 inches Monday night be we got 5 inches.:nod: :bluebounc

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Well we didnt get no 12+here like predicted but i did get around 7 to 8 inches enough to keep me busy. payup

13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I am going out to scrape my drive and a few others who called maybe and inch. The weather was telling me up to 15" last night how could they screw up when the storm is only hours away. I was pissed this morning woke up around 3:30 am and did not look out the window till 4 but i had an idea that it missed us when i heard no wind and it just sounded calm out. I had a bad feeling when i went to sleep wind was not picking up no snow as of 11 Pm either. I was totally expecting and planned for a snow day, this kind of a bust is completely UNACCEPTABLE these people are paid to get it right and usually do. Forecasters can't control the weather strange things can happen but if they don't have a clue they should just say "i dont have a clue this storms tough but no they have to keep with the 9-15 inch BS.

14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

We finally got alittle snow. Maybe 3" at the most. More like 2" though. Still waiting for a good snow storm here.:angry:

15. Rappa

Rappa Member

I have been pissed all day. I already had todays money spent... Oh well, I made 90 bucks. Better than nothing.