1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to the "good ol days" on Plowsite?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Plowtoy, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Just a bit frustrated these days with people. Seems like the site was much more helpful back in the day. I know, I know, I know, I don't have to ever log back in, (and maybe this post will get me booted out) but what about the person who truely could use positive feedback? It just seems there is SOOOOOO many negitive replys, it almost makes a person want to not ask questions.
    Have I been guilty? sure, but not thousands of times. I've only posted several hundered times since my join date and I guess I try to give positive feedback or at least feed back related to the op's question in most posts. Any chance the mods can crack down on nonsense posts or completely off topic or negitive posts having nothing to do with the OP's question?

Sorry to vent, and thanks for the consideration, Dave

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we want, and encourage, people to voice their opinions and , of course, we prefer the discussions to be as positive as possible, however, the "negative" feedback isn't always a bad thing either...meaning, not every post, comment, opinion, etc. is, nor should be, positive. I agree that there are some that feel the need to "stir the pot" but these types of comments can also trigger some good, decent conversations (whether positive or negative in nature)

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I guess I hadn't looked at it that way. I guess I'll keep my big boy boots on and continue trolling... I'm sure you guys have your hands full most of the time anyway.

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yeah, there's times when we sure do have our hands full for various reasons :D :waving:

have a good one

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That Defcon guy is two handsful. Or is it two handfuls. Whichever

PS Do you really consider over 800 posts a couple???????????? Seriously??????????

J\K lololololol

7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I agree with Michael, (did I just say that ????) :p that feedback that's negative in nature is something that should not necessarily be held back. It just takes a few extra words (being tactful) to ensure the person, that's being provided the feedback understands that it's nothing personal, and it's that it's a different experience which is being provided.

Derogatory comments telling the person that they're stupid or (other) isn't necessary (unless of course..... they really are):help:, but I actually like it when someone points out that I'm wrong, and can actually show me why, with factual data, proving that what I thought was either misunderstood, or has another possible outcome.

IMO, Being corrected can be a good thing, as I get to learn something new that day.... as my world, although is crashing down before me:D, has just been broadened by another person with more experience in a subject than I. That's what we're here for..... Right ?

It just takes a conscientious approach to the subject to make it valuable, vs a slam to one's perspective.Thumbs Up

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Its cuz i havent been around in awhile.. But im back on more reguraly now so it should be back to normal lol

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Hey! MarkO puts in a lot of time keeping his massive network of computers, up & running, just to derail threads....give the guy some credit:gunsfiring:

marko.jpg

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can;t be that busy,GP hasn't been on much. MJD should go over and check on him to make sure Randy didn't lock him in the basement without internet.

11. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Like my father used to say....Ask a stupid question...Get a stupid answer...

I have been in this business for 30+ years....If someone asks a thought out question ....You will get a thought out answer....

Too many posts on how much to charge......Those will get stupid answers for sure....Mommy and daddy are not here.....Do your homework...Learn the business by doing....Learning from people in your market....Don't come on an internet forum and ask me to do it for you....

Im sorry if I have hurt anyones Feelings on here......:help:

12. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

I know I am new here...so it must be my fault.

And I still would like to know if Trans fluid is okay ? 33 answers and not a one tells me

13. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Does this mean all of those threads where you recommended using a 60k pound loader and 30' pusher you were being facetious?

Oh man, this means I have to change my whole business strategy :(

14. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

No......I was giving you Great advice on those threads....:drinkup:

15. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Great than I can proceed as planned lol

16. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Totally agree with this post. For what's supposed to be a site full of professionals there are far too many posts on how to bid, price, charges or whatever other way you want to try to word it.

17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

it's OK, to use if you don't plan on seeing any ambient temps below -48*F pumpkin:.

is this a negative post , a positive post or helpful post.

A pumpkin:could mean many things,
    like raising suspicion in the recipients mind.
    Is SF just messing with me or is it OK:realmad:

:mechanic:

I guess, some want it to read like a encyclopedia.
    I dont want to see anyone destroy their equipment.

If its destroyed as a owner/operator I cant use it.

joviality comes form familiarity.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  18. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If "...back in the day." was 15 years ago maybe you're beyond being helped ...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  19. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We use it in our plows when we blow a line or just have to add some, never had a pump issue or anything due to the cold. Some people seem to think you need fluid that can go to -50, ask them what their anti freeze is good for and I would bet its not -50. At -50 I would be more concerned about my engine block then my plow pump.

20. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

when i first joined i quickly learned that a member by the name of B&B was the site's MVP. i'd search for just his posts and read them just for the heck of it. it's been a long time now since i've seen a post from him. it seems that since he's disappeared, he's been replaced with hundreds of "know nothing know it alls". its too bad, he really was great. he probably got sick of all the nonsense that goes on now. good thing is we can still search his old posts.
    not to say there aren't still knowledgeable people around, but he was tops in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015