1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to Speed Tech lights???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by padec21, Dec 19, 2009.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

I saw this light on their website. it wasnt a whelan guardian but looked just like it. Speed techs price was $64.99. It is no longer on their website. They only have strobe lights now. Here is a pic of what the light looked like. I was all set to buy it but now its gone. Anyone know where I can get a similar light for under $100.

WhelenGuardian1.jpg

2. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

that is a whelen you can just make out the whelen logos on each side of the top. they probably got in touble selling products using whelen pics

3. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

I believe the model you are referring to is the STL Raven.?...To the best of my knowledge these are currently being re-designed and will be available mid 2010.

Someone else on here emailed about the same thing, the response was:

We appreciate your interest in our products and hope that we can provide you with all the information you are requesting. We do apologize but yes the Raven has been discontinued for remodel that is to be out in about 6mo.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

The pic I posted was just an example of what it looked like. Thanks for the replies. I will call them Monday. Hopefully the price isnt going to go through the roof with the new design.

5. maklandscape

maklandscape Junior Member
    from mass

sirennet.com has that exact whelen gardian for 68 bucks

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

agreed......speedtech is also garbage anyway....don;t give em any money even for a true whelen no badge.

7. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

ill agree with this. its a whelen. you can see it on top of the dome. the word whelen is right above each rotator on the dome.

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I disagree, I have over 1500.00 in hidden lights between being a fire fighter and for plowing/landscaping and over half are Speedtech lights. Im very happy with them and have never had any problems. I think they are good quality as they have good customer service and fast shipping. but this thread was not about the quality.....

9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Go to Galls.com and look in the clearance area...you may be able to find the exact light but it's either a whelen or a code 3 with the Galls logo. Should be around the same price.