1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to Snoway?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smenchhofer, Sep 25, 2011.

1. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

How come there is no longer a Snoway category? Am I behind the times? Has something happened?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Maybe snoway said snomore and gave up. :laughing:

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

They were getting a bad rap (earned???) with the mega-blade debacle, so the forum went bye bye... :rolleyes:

What I can't figure out is why the rest of the plow forums haven't disappeared since guys complain about plow problems every day... :rolleyes:

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway is still around, they just stopped being a sponsor so they removed their forum.

Still plenty of snoway support around though, if you are having issues shoot me a email at snowtech@ snowayparts.com if you cut and paste the address don't forget to remove the spam space:salute:

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Whats snoway? Is that a new type of Fisher Plow?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:laughing:Na Dean Fisher played with DP but never devolped it. I don't think Maine allows them to be sold there, they aren't yellow and they cannot double for boat anchors, there's no chain:laughing::laughing::laughing:

7. plowguy43

Few I thought hell froze over or something. And that reminds me, I need to pull up my EZV from the lake and get it ready for the winter. :laughing:

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hope you rememembered to coat it down with Fuild Film:waving:

9. plowguy43

In Maine its used motor oil, much more green up here. HA!

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I personally know 2 guys that work at Sno-way. One guy is the head of R&D, and the other is the Production Manager. I've told them both why I don't use Sno-way and that I use Western for a reason. They get kinda pissed whenever we talk plows.

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully they're the kind of people that learn from their mistakes...

12. addictedtolands

addictedtolands Junior Member
    from NY

My dealer hasn't brought in any this year either, to many issues. I have nightmares with the old v's, wings just fall off due to piss poor welding, then had an entire blade fall off the frame. Was a total nightmare to get snoway to step up. I stepped up, never again another snow way!!!!!

13. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

Why don't you use Snoway?

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you ever used a Snoway?

15. plowguy43

oooh oooh pick me, pick me I know the answer!

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

17. nh785

nh785 Member

I have a 26 7'6" on my avalanche. Added 6" on each side. I think it is a great plow. Down pressure rocks.
    I plow pretty hard with it and have had no issues except for my controler. Maybe they should have stuck to the lighter duty market.

18. plowguy43

They're new V plow looks like one of the most rugged built plows on the market.

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Well, they may also be the replacements, due to how young they are. I've never straight up asked them if any of that stuff was their fault.

20. Brant'sLawnCare

They look good. Seems like they are pretty expensive though. I like using proven equipment personally. I like their straight blades with down pressure. That is a cool feature. Someday maybe I will set up a truck with one that does driveways. That would be slick.