1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to our screen names

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Big snow, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big snow

Big snow Junior Member
    from Ct

Just curious having been one of the original members on this site I havent been here in awhile but went to log in and it wouldnt take my screen name, so I hit lost password and my screen name came back changed from Prosno to Big snow???
    Just curious if this is something to boost numbers or if its because I havent been on in a month? Just wondering, thanks ahead of time. Prosno

PS just went into members list and sure enough I'm still there, my truck and all my posts, must be a numbers boost thing.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Mich plower

Mich plower Junior Member

Bill

Same thing with me was also one of the org members here also i notice iam still listed with my orginal screen name and posts however i also was changed to Mich Plower like you i question if this is a drive up of members to please the sponsors.

There are alot of pics i posted that are still here i cant acess from days when one of my harddrives crashed and no back up would be nice to see some one had my now 18 yrs old daughter standing by some of my earyler trucks.... Just curious whats up with this.?

Thanks

Ps There are alot of Mi based screen names if poss could i please be changed to the Koolaid man Thanks a bunch ....

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Oh ya, we would want to start a riot changing screen names just to boost the numbers:dizzy:
    Ya know this could be just a glitch in the system. Maybe the higher ups/techie will have the answer

4. Big snow

Big snow Junior Member
    from Ct

Hell Charles I only have one eye but now if I go to members list I'm from canada, can someone pass the Labbatts

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Did you have computor problems? Change provider? Move? I had a hard drive crash a couple of weeks ago and couldn't access my pw on another site. Strange how it took a old pw:confused:

6. Big snow

Big snow Junior Member
    from Ct

Nope to all, Pickering is in the same boat, any idea how to get my old name back

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

send me an email and let me know all of the specifics of your old account...what was your old user name, email address, etc and I will look into it for you.

If you ever have a problem with logging in at the site you can always contact me and let me know, rather then signing up with a new user name. My email address is mike@lawnsite.com

Let me know. Thanks

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

Hey Prosno (aka Big Snow) and Pickering (aka Mich Plower), let me ask you guys something....

Let's say you were out somehwere getting ready to plow a lot somehwere and someone walked up to you guys and said that you had no clue what you were doing and that the way you guys went about your business was wrong....in fact, better yet, let's say that person who approached you (who had no idea what they were talking about, but wanted to sound like they did) told you that you shouldn't be plowing when there is only 6 inches on the ground because you were just trying to "make money" or make people think your service was necessary or more than it actually was....

How would you react?

Here's the deal.... Neither of your "original" user names were changed or altered in any way, and you know that. You both signed up under new user names, and you know that too. Your user names have not been banned or altered in any way, but you are aware of this.

Prosno - there is no "member list" on the site, but again, you knew that too.

The subtle references to an attempt at "boosting numbers" and "pleasing sponsors" is very similar to that guy in the parking lot telling the professional that he is wrong, unaware, and unethical in his practices.

If you guys haven't figured it out by now, let me sneak you in on a little hint.... this is the internet. Information is endless....so are statistics...in fact, even better yet, so are third party statistics.... PlowSite and it's statistics are not only genuine, they are able to be proved any time....(remember, third party gentleman - can't change or alter what you can't control)....

The insinuation that we are driving up numbers (aside from being childish and ludicrous) is a waste of breath and time... the sponsors of this site do not find PlowSite and just swing their check books wide open... They, unlike yourselves, take the time to look at things objectively and figure out what is real and what is not. Their business depends on being informed and performing due dilligence.

The sponsors look at this site and look at our members - they see what they are saying, what they want, what they suggest, and what they expect. The sponsors are on this site because they know this site, unlike other poor attempts at at mimmicking PlowSite, is a site of professionals who are serious about their business.....

Normally, I would read something like this and write it off to a couple of giggling school girls who had nothing better to do that day, but I figured I would make sure that you and everyone else here (ya know, the real members who are serious about thier business) knows that your immature and ineffective attempts at causing problems are a huge waste of time....

If you want to continue to participate at the site under your original user names, you are welcome to do so...if you are going to sign up under bogus names and say things as moronic as the guy in the parking lot, take it somewhere else....

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

:::Note to self: Don't pizz off Sean Adams::: :waving:

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Sean Adams my Hero :blush2:

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yea, mental note, dont get on his bad side!!!

12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

:yow!:

Wow, Good job every one should :salute: you or buy him a :drinkup:

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Well said Sean. :salute:

As a representative of a sponsor here on the site, IMO you and the other mods do a great job in providing all of us with this fantastic forum. It is too bad that on occassion we have individuals who are here to do nothing other than try and stir up trouble for you guys to deal with.

Keep up the great work guys and my best wishes to you all in the New Year.

14. I am not trying to pick fights, but i do think the professionalism of this site has gone done a TON in the last year. There are way to many "what kind of boots should i buy" kind of posts. or blurry photos of some random truck with the caption (look at this lowballers truck)...Who cares. I understand that admins can't control this, I am trying to reach those taking the professionalism away from this site.

15. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I disagree with you. You are coupling all the posts that are made on this site into one big group. It's not fair to those people who have posted in "Off Topic" where the threads are supposed to be light hearted and jovial. And, of course, the posts in "Non Commercial" are going to be far less *professional* than the posts made in the "Commercial" forum. They are labeled that way for a reason.

If you're looking to be Mr. Serious all the time then stick to the category that best fits what you're looking for.

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's it! I'm not posting in the calendar thread anymore because I can't get a serious answer to my plowing question!:rolleyes:

17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Say it isn't so.....:cry::cry:

18. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

These clearly aren't new names they just signed up under. Somethings up here on both side sides.

19. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

These guys have both been members for quite awhile - they know how this forum works and forums in general....both their names were created in 06 and hardly ever used...and one was used in conjunction with the other....

Nothing is up here....like I said, two guys thinking they are funny and wanting to cause problems.

20. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

People who have been on the site a few years have been saying this since 2000....but it makes sense....and I'm not being funny here...

One comes to the site, learns, discusses, etc... and after time, as more new people come to the forum, questions are rehashed, questions are asked again, etc.... and to someone on the site for awhile, it may seem like the site is "different"...I can tell you for certain, it is a cycle...

In other words, in 2005 when you came to the site I assume at age 19 you were relatively new to the business and over the last few years you have learned quite a bit...the questions you see now were questions you yourself were asking and wondering about - but now that you know the answer....see what I mean?

Not knocking you - it happens all the time, just wanted to assure you that the site is not going down hill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.