1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Happened to Man Sponsored Fourms

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Daryl, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Daryl

Daryl Junior Member

Looking at the Manufacturer and Company Sponsored Fourums. It seems to have recently become very bare. What happended to Boss? I belive their was several others as well.
  2. administrator

administrator Guest

Actually, we are and have been ( had ) talking with Western about the best way to approach communicating with the community.

We must understand that it is nearly impossible for a company to allocate the proper personnel to immediately handle all the questions, comments, or general support that this community can dish out. These things take time....

More info to come!

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Kind of sad that the manufacturers refuse to tap into what is probably the largest marketplace. We know they monitor the site. Why not communicate with the people who buy their equipment?
  4. Daryl

Daryl Junior Member

What's the matter with those companies? Geez when I saw them on there I thought that was one of the smartest things you could do. Shows you are willing to stand behind your products and answer questions and problems that many others might have thus saving time on your technical assistance department. For the few minutes it would take to look over the fourm for a manufacturer I think they are missing an easy tap for product promotions.
  5. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

On the other hand, It was an open channel to the manufacturer so it seems more likely that anyone having a problem will be the ones posting. It could be interpreted as bad PR to an outsider.

Just a thought
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2002
  6. bgrover

bgrover Member

It can be interpeted that way, however when I was looking to purchase my first plow this January I took it as a plus that the mfg. responded to the forum and acknowledge the problem.

BTW, I did purchase a BOSS and had the mods done to fix the problem, now if it would only snow........
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Bill, I think you're going to have a bit of a wait.:eek: