1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what happende to winter in the north east?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by greenworldh20, Feb 27, 2004.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

where is all the snow...temps will be in the lower 50's this weekend...i guess we will be servicing all irrigation equipment and get ready for the season to start in 2 weeks.

what do the rest of ya think..is winter over or is there still more to come?

brian:confused:

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Looks like you can close the books on it:( :confused:

3. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

You would think it's over but you know better. We've had crippling storms here as late as May and as early as October.
    Having said that, yeah it's over.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

its no way done, i think there this a thread about this

5. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

a few warm days, and you want to give up??? where's your spirit? I am starting my landscaping, but still have snow in the back of my mind, because I don't think it is over. That would be to easy - It snows, gets warm and your done. NOT! the weather is not that predicable. Just my thoughts.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I was talking to two different people tonight and both predicted another three feet.

7. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Still looks pretty wintery around here!

winterint.jpg

8. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

I've got more frost in my freezer!:( (than outside)

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

WOW guys..............We still have mountains of "white gold"
    here north of Syracuse NY. This sunny week is just gonna melt
    them down some !

Bill, Joe, Al and I are expecting our annual March blizzard too!
    After 100 plus days of "seat time" its a much needed rest for
    us and the equipment !
    Over 230" so far this year and YES we are gonna get more !
    fingers crossed...................geo

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Accuweather is showing better chances for snow starting about a week and a half from now for southern new england area and probably most of the northeast.But you know how the long range forecasts go they change all the time.

11. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

It's been done for 2 weeks now. Took last plow off yesterday

12. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I have not resigned myself to no more snow i just stopped caring this week. If we get more great if not, i have other things i can do when it gets warmer. Id start doing some yardwork but theres still a little snow in my backyard and a 4 foot snow pile on the lawn behind my driveway which won't be gone until mid april.

13. chris k

chris k Senior Member

There will be more snow for us all to play in. The had a thing on the news the other day saying that 5 out of the last 10 years we had over 15 inches in March. I've got the calls coming in for landscaping but I think we'll be putting the plows on again.

14. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I started getting my trucks ready for another year of construction, I left the plow close by and not tucked away just yet, but it's off, and the sand is unloaded...so I'll have to redo the balast if I have to plow, but I start on a lot of work this week.

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

LOLOLOLOL I must agree !!

16. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

put the blowers away ,took the plow of the quad.
    would like at least one more storm
    boating season is around the corner
    john

17. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Plowing in the winter boating in the summer yeeeeeha

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hell, I'm thinking about pulling the Chevelle out and firing it up or at least the WR and taking it for a ride. ;)

19. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I hope your right Mick :nod:

20. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

It is a rather odd season here in sunny B-LO, we went from extreme cold through January and early February and it is supposed to be 63* on Friday????? Next week looks like we are back to reality though.

I do recall last season when we kept getting pounded with ICE in Late March / Early April.....It's not over yet....

Although I am with John in Philly on the boating season....Just bought a 27' SEARAY Sundancer last weekend. Looks great sitting in dry dock with ice covered Lake Erie in the background.