1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what goodies do your trucks have

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thundercat99, Dec 8, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

just wondering how much stuff some of you guys have added for comfort, fun , or actualy has apurpose..

lights ,reflector , fancy radios , head ache racks

any way here is my list
    Blizzard 8-10 with timbrens and air shocks
    97 chevy diesel dually
    shelf it to fit my toys
    6 disc changer --for the long nites
    clarion pro cd in the dash-- have to have a radio
    1000 watt 4 channel amp seperates in front and rear with a 10in sub in rear---what goods a fancy cd player if you dont have good speakers
    custom head ache rack--to hold up the light bar
    federal signal jet stream loaded--the little yellow rotator wasent safe
    cobra 29ltd -- cause your nextell dont allways work
    heated massage chair seat --cause my back might get sore

under the hood
    high flowinjectors --need new ones
    reprogramed cpu -- the other one crashed
    kn cold kit --motors have to have air
    4in exaust somebody --stole my muffler

rear of truck custom bumper 12 in drop with brake back ups and flasher--gota be safe "all led"

anyway this is how i explain it to the little woman i think shes coming i tell you about the international later

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Banks Equipment:
    4 inch exhaust, trans command, big head, intake, intercooler.
    Back Rack, bug sheild, vent visors, flame gauges, Alpine cd player. I know I'm missing some other stuff. :D

3. intlco

intlco Senior Member

2004 Silverado K3500 Dually 4x4 Crew Cab
    HD Power Pkg = Duramax, Allison, Locking Diff
    CD & Cass Player
    8.5 Ft Aerodynic Dump Body w/fold down sides
    Blizzard 810 with custom built grill guard
    Snowplow message center, w/hour meter, timer, gallons counter and more.
    Console mounted plow controler
    Dual 36" Tool boxes
    Power extending mirrors w/heat
    Dual Climate Control

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

on the durango:
    K&N FIPK
    Jet Chip
    3" Gibson Exhaust 4" chrome tip
    Pioneer MX Head Unit
    4 MTX 280 Amps bridged into,
    4 LA-Audio 10's
    31" All Terrains
    Rear Locker, Front Limited Slip

no cd changer yet, but I think it may be in the works

5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Mine has manual steering and a am radio. I think you guys might be a little spoiled :p . I do have a 203 t-case and it is the best setup in the world for plowing. No jumping and bucking in tight turns but good traction. I guess I would call that a goodie.

6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Lol

LOL at the reasons to justify to the wife, funny so true. You really didn't tell her someone stole your muffler though did you? :eek:

7. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Intlco, where did you get that message center that would be nice to have. Thanks Kenny

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Jusr what the factory puts in.

9. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

future wife

future wife and if she reads this maybe not and yea i told here somebody stole it I ran out of good stories

My other truck Is a International 1954 witha dt466 alison auto
    11ft Bonnell
    Bonnell undertailgate spreader
    pioneer cd
    some decent speakers
    cobra 29ltd
    rear flashers and mars on roof
    nothing fancy yet just bought it a couple months ago
    future plans include more lights carpeting fancy door pannels air ride seat and air windows, just to list a few.

10. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

inside: pioneer am/fm/cd, amp and subs, aft market gauges so i know what is going on under hood, maglite mounted under dash, digi voltmeter in glovebox, hilift jac behind seat w/ off-road kit, tackle box full of electrical items.

in the bed: just the standard truck box full of tools, hoses, wires and just about anything i need to get my truck limping home if something breaks

under hood: dual e-fans, oil cooler, larger oil filter, converted to Duraspark 2, hedders, all vents lines extended underhood (off - road purposes), upgraded just about all of my electrical stuff, saginaw steering pump swapped in

11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

This is SO true. Sure wish more trucks came with this full time 4wd t-case.

My 75 Suburban came with the NP-203. On small storms, I'd keep it unlocked almost the entire time. Great for drift cleanups where your traveling on 1/2 snowy areas, then totally dry area's the next minute. Gets hairy....just pull the stick back and lock it in.

Also great for 4x4 low range without binding up on dry pavement.

12. intlco

intlco Senior Member

They offered it to my as part of the business fleet lease package.
    I just told them that we rack up over 100k hwy miles a year and they suggested this new message center for tracking our data so we wouldn't have to keep a clip board there.

It shows you how many gallons of diesel you used plowing the lot,
    it times how long it took to plow the lot, and how many miles you put on doing the lot. It also shows you how many MPG you got plowing the lot.

It also has a seperate mileage guage, engine hour meter, 2 MPG Readout and a second message center so you don't have to restart it at the next lot.
    It also shows various other things you may want to keep track of for business.

Then you can compare MC 1 w/ MC 2 to see how things varried between lots.
    I figure it is going to help me better track my expenses on plowing.

13. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I don't have a lot of fancy stuff inside or outside. Inside: Factory am/fm/cd/cassette, 90 watt whelen strobe supply, wheelen dash light, sho-me siren, vertex vhf 2-way radio, scanner, mounted rechargeable mag light, coats, gloves, standard weekly newspaper, headache medicine, handy wipes, standard paper towels, & various paperwork. :waving: Outside: Completely stock under hood, 305/70/16 mud grip tires, Wheelen hideaway strobes, Wheelen 9000 edge mini-bar, arrow-stick, 100 watt siren speaker, headache rack, delta bed box, highlift jack, assorted tools (electrical & mechanical), assorted plow repair parts, bugsheild, vent visors, lots of antennas (1 having Jack-n-Box reindeer ball), & hideaway gooseneck ball. :waving:

14. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

intlco, I have been looking for a messege center on the internet and I am not having any luck I was wondering if yours had a brand name on it. Thanks Kenny

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  15. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

intlco, I have been looking for a messege center on the internet and I am not having any luck, I was wondering if yours had a brand name on it. Thanks Kenny

16. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

What does my plow truck have?

Well I replaced the bad heater fan with a new one so it has heat. It also has a crap radio with 1 good speeker, other 3 are fuzzy.

It has a alumnium flatbed though. Load it with a few bags o salt and its ok to go.

One option that seems like a good idea is a new cab. Its not worth fixing the current one with a mostly rotted floor and non working seatbelts and one door that opens.

It plows though.

17. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I think it is impossible to buy aftermarket because it is mounted and controlled by the steering wheel, and perhaps made by gm.
    It would be great if someone produced one of these for other trucks.

18. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

2002 F250 ext.cab 8ft bed 2wd:
    don't really have much but i will have a lot when i am done. heres what i have so far.
    LUND bugshield,LED tailights,Back Contrytubesteps,extang platinum bed cover,WeatherTech window vents,Radio Shack CB Radio with Window mount antenna,factory AM/Fm/CD/Tape player, 2 12" Pioneer subs with Kenwood amp,dual dash strobe in front window and two deck strobes hanging from the back window. :yow!: soon to come is custom rims,dual 40 series flowmaster exhaust,cold air intake,throttle body spacer,roof visor,2" coil spring spacer (to level "factory drop"),and a sony xplode cd player. thats about all i have thought of so far im sure ill think of more to add to it though. :drinkup:

19. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Visor, junk yard alternator (rebuilt) from a police car, dual batteries w/isolater, Grote beacon, preluber, synthetics throughout. W150 with 250 springs in front and air shocks in back, 7'6" Western, ancra tie down anchors to tie down sand bags.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004