1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What goes around, comes around,

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HALH VT, Jan 17, 2010.

1. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

BUT it doesn't always bite you.

First, let me say that I really don't like dealing with shared driveways/private roads, especially when I don't do all the connected drives.

I have one private road, three tenths of a mile, six houses. I used to do all of them, but one guy and his brother now do their own.

To complicate things the road continues on to some timberland, and there have been various loggers working there from time to time. Over the past years I have considered billing the lumber company for their share of the plowing, but had the feeling that it would be a lot of trouble for little money. Besides, several times I have gotten there and found that the whole road had been bulldozed and the snow pushed back into the woods way out of my way, so all I had to do was clean up a little, and do the actual driveways. After the Valentines Day Massacre in 2007, I actually hired the logger to break open the road for me.

Fast forward to this summer, my next door neighbor had a new septic installed. I asked the excavator if he had time to do a little work for me on the farm, while the machine was right there, save me the moving charges. He agreed and gave me an hourly price, which I accepted, and he did my digging . It took longer than I had anticipated, and I was a little nervous about the cost. When I asked for the bill he said "No charge, I was logging out the end of that road last winter and never had to worry if it was open, or drop my own plow until I passed the last house."

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Thats a good story. Great to hear.

3. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

A classic and touching Hallmark moment, I got a few stories like that...

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Its kinda nice when things actually go the way they should, isn't it?

5. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

I thought this was going to be an angry revenge story. Some people actually still believe in helping others out. A full believer in Karma.

6. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Me too:nod:

7. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

Nice to know that there are still some decent people out there

8. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

Karma is inevitable. That is why we try to be as fair as possible with everyone we deal with. Good people seem to come together.

9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

usually when you least expect it :salute:

10. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

agree, its nice when people do things just to do the "right thing" nice to hear about it.