1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What gives

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 78W200, Jan 28, 2008.

1. 78W200

78W200 Member

I just bought a used sno way plow. I don't know for sure which model it is I am thinking 24 or 25 with down pressure. I got it all wired up and the only thing it will do is angle left no matter what toggle I push. When I push the button to lower the plow it blows the fuse supplying the control box. I never did see the light come on for the down pressure either.I'm not real sure where to start looking. Any ideas what my problem is. This is my first sno way so this setup is all new to me, old plow is a cable operated western.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

More information please. there is a serial number on the Aframe, what is it?

could be two differant issues.

get the number and we'll see if we can firgure it out.

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it sounds like a valve is stuck open? and or maybe the harness is trashed that would cause you to blow fuses... that is a common meyer problem but we dont say meyer and western in this forum :)

4. 78W200

78W200 Member

the serial number is 25D108515

5. 78W200

78W200 Member

I found it. when i put the new plug on i crossed a couple wires. Everything works fine now except the high beams.

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

That Would Do It