1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What gets on your nerves the most when plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOSS LAWN, Jan 25, 2012.

1. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

What are a few things that get on your nerves when plowing lots?

Here's mine -

parking lots full of cars that dont run, in addition to the people that come out and move theirs to a spot you already backdragged out.

Backdragging in between cars hoping you dont hit them :mechanic:

people distracting you and trying to talk to you while your on site.

trying to find that ONE song to stack to (which takes forever in an old school MP3) :confused:

random people walking infront of your truck when your windrowing

people driving over your work in progress, then waving at you! :realmad:

getting followed by Smokey until you get to your jobsite because he has nothing better to do

Oh yeah, AND PEOPLE THAT WONT SLOW THE HECK DOWN! :mad:

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

people behind me when I'm trying to back up in a rackbody (no rearview)
    Like I have been in a corner with no where to go but back, and they just sit there. I have had to get out on multiple occasions walk all the way over, motion to roll the window down, and ask them to back up.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I do a Condo Complex and be cleaning around cars and you see people watching and get all done and move to next section and see the same people that was watching come out and move there car over one space
    Burns my butt

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

People in their little corolla's and other small cars driving so early thinking they have a truck and can handle the snow, still going 40 when you shouldnt be going 30.

The plow guy that I see everytime I am out who thinks hes in the Daytona 500.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My phone ringing.

And hitting immovable objects under the snow.

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Dont forget being thrown into your windshield because of it Thumbs Up stupid manhole covers move.

7. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Yeah that one ^^^^

And that one car parked in front of the snow stacking area.

8. 03sd

03sd Member

Cars sitting in a driveway while the customer is in the house sitting on their a$$ and wont move them, people running around the truck while plowing and the worst running out of smokes/chew and not gonna see a gas station for what seems like an eternity.

9. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

More people on the road at 1am when its snowing, were are they going?

Drinking to much coffee and feeling sick from it

The three customers that have to give a verbal go ahead to service lots

10. CENTRALIAPLOWER

CENTRALIAPLOWER Junior Member

Cleaning off at gas station during store hrs right in front of the store front waiting for costomer to leave(5 mins seam like forever). In meantime ANOTHER idiot pulls up and gets out before first car leaves as idiot in:gunsfiring: 2nd car doesnt comprehend that im cleaning off the lot and to park in another spot instead of right infront of the store.

11. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

When I plowed for Camden. We had an appartment complex with two buildings. One was for retired aged people and the other for low income youngsters. The old folks who had to hobble out at 4:00am to move their cars for us ALWAYS did so on time and with a smile all but one. The youngsters B!$ched and Moaned and carried on. Even threatening Camden at one point. The lack of respect for what were doing is by far the NUMBER ONE complaint I hear from all contractors.

12. A.M.Canfora

A.M.Canfora Member

I plow 5 shoprites so I get to see people drive there in the middle of the snow storm to buy stuff they really don't need. The best one was about 2 years ago a woman cross county skied through the lot to the store just to buy a 2 liter bottle of Sprite.

people who park or try to park right in the area your plowing or pushing the snow towards.

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Anytime one of my workers calls... ;)

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When my wife and kids call and ask when I'll be home!

15. greg8872

greg8872 Member

Residents had to get up at 4am to move cars around when it snowed and it was required? Holy crap! That would definitely be something that would keep me from living there!

But yeah, if they were bitching, I'd tell them they agreed to do it when they moved in.

16. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

People that park where I am plowing instead of where I have plowed. People that are driving to slow I have things to do. (I'm not out on a joy ride move your a$$)

17. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Fawkin joggers out in the middle of a blizzard! :yow!:

18. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

'We do a plaza right beside a grocery store , another company does the store, and where both meet at a 4 way junction, buddy on the plow always puts a bank of snow through our entrances , when the grocery store property is on the other side and the rest of the laneway gets plowed to the grocery store side. one day got so mad I took my blower and blew the snow back on his laneway before his salt run. Most times I calm and collected and clear it off to our side. But theres always the next time when I might be more grumpier.

19. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I once had a large apartment complex full of scumbags. 1st year we had the smae problem, f'ing pigs sit up in the windows watching you plow around their cars than come out and move it when we were all done. 2nd year I set up a deal with management in contract that each car left on site would be a $5 charge. So management worked really hard at posting signs and getting the slobs to move their cars. But it did cost them $50-$100 more each plow. So than they started calling a towing company who came in like gang busters towing cars and you'd never believe how fast all them low lifes were moving once cars were getting yanked:laughing:

20. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Cars pulling into the gas station while im trying to plow it. Pisses me off more than anything.