1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What format do you use to sumbit your bids?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by PPNH, Jul 26, 2012.

1. PPNH

PPNH Junior Member

Hey guys after using the search tool i came up short and didn’t find much.
    Therefore,

What format do you guys use when submitting your bids? Do you guys use a single "template" and just change the numbers and services in scope to fit the job? Or do you write up a brand new bid for every job?

Submitting bids can become time consuming rather fast when writing up a bid sheet for each individual job.

Currently i have been using basically a cover letter introducing myself and the company with a brief overview of experience, equipment and services we provide. Attached with a custom bid that was written up specifically for the job. (This takes a lot of time)

Does anyone have a more efficient way of doing it? Or have a template they would like to share for ideas?

Thanks guys and good luck with bidding this season!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do seasonal,so I give them a price and break it down to into 5 payments. Mostly starts will will plow until it stops snowing and starts after 2 inches are on the ground. Salt is extra.

3. PPNH

PPNH Junior Member

ok thanks for the quick reply,

when writing your bids, do you use the same format all the time? like do you have a document that you use a template then make very few changes too for the specific job?

so assume your were bidding on a Mcdonalds and a Burgerking... would your bid/proposel look identical just with differant numbers?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have a one page agreement ,very basic.Name ,address and seasonal price.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I have 8 different templates saved on quickbooks, so I just select the template based on what type of quote I'm giving, and change the names, times, dates, and $'s. its a pretty quick process, and then if you want to rebid next year, you just hit duplicate estimate, change the dates and print.