1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What exactly is a SnowPlow Prepare Package?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cigam, Jul 16, 2004.

1. cigam

cigam Guest

I see it listed on almost every 4wd Chevy pickup I see for sale (new)...... and I don't see any plows on any of them. Not even the lower hitch for the minute mount.

2. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

The plow prep package gives you a heavier gawr (and gvw i beleive im not sure though) making it so you can put a plow on. Also I beleive Chevy includes a transmission cooler.
    Also straight from the factory they have a wiring harness and switch for the light.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Its just has a heavier front spring heavy duty battery and tranny cooler maybe and oil cooler and 100 amp alternator

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

The VYU plow prep pkg. on a GM includes a lot of goodies including
    Headlight pre wiring plugs, (no cutting just plug in ....Fisher/Western have special harnesses), Power steering cooler......etc..etc......

Check out http://www.gmupfitter.com for the whole scoop !

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

its worth the 100 or 200 bucks its costs

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You talk like you know alot about plows but then you post these types of questions that lead me to believe that you don't know crap. Prep package was described above, Obviousley you have to go to a dealer and buy a plow before you can have a truckside mount, they generally don't come directly from the truck manfufacturer.

7. cigam

cigam Guest

Listen dear friend, I do not socialize with newer trucks and really don't care about the new ones. I never go to dealers and discuss them. I prefer the older trucks..... and I'd like my questions answered. As I read through the Big Truck Trader and see almost every new truck in their with a snow plow prepare package, what do you expect? I asked a local landscaper and he didn't even know what that is and he has two plow trucks.

8. cja1987

Cigam
    Check some of the replies to your wonderful posts in the off topic discussion!!!

9. cigam

cigam Guest

:-( Sorry dear friend I did bad and I should say sorry, Master.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2004
  10. cja1987

Youre missing the point, the point is you are posting in appropriate material on this site and members besides myself don't like it. You are missing the point that you post about crap. Talk plows, help those that could benefit from your/our help thats whats done on this site, I can deal with a few queen things in off topic but but your making people mad with the girls/ old man photo so please stop. Many professional adults on this site (i do not consider myself one) don't like what youre posting.

And sure i will call you a redneck are you coming to my house to beat me up? I hope iam not compelled anymore to continue this discussion because now i have gone of the topic of snow and members will be pissed at me, they probley dont like me anymore than they like you so ill stop.

11. cigam

cigam Guest

:-( I'm sorry dear friend. You are in charge of my heart.

Sincerely,
    Cigam

12. cja1987

Your still missing the point, thats really too bad just say you should not have posted the stuff. Maybe the moderator i reported you to will have an easier time explaining to you that your posts are inappropriate.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  13. cigam

cigam Guest

Thought you wern't going to carry on with insults and stuff about me?

Uh, some people!

14. cja1987

Why would you call flipper a troll you have never met him and not been on this site long enough to have an idea of what hes like, even i would not do that. Whatever iam signing off weve been going back and forth since 2:30PM. So before iam stupid and go on a 10 page tyraid. Ill see what everyone else on the site thinks talk to ya in a few days if i bring it up again. Other members will think iam as bad as you if i keep going in a childish fashion so iam done for a while.

15. cigam

cigam Guest

I went through all his posts.

YOU AWE IN CHAWGE OF MY HEAWT!

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

As to the original question, plow prep means different things to different people and especially different manufacturers. It really needs to be clarified with the advertisers - especially of used trucks. It could be nothing more than a plow frame or include bigger battery (again needs to specify CCA), alternator (again need to specify charging amps), bigger/more shocks, different tires, extra radiator fan/transmission cooler etc.

17. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

Like Mick said it means different things to different people. I know with new dodges the prep package comes with a HD transfer case

18. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

CJA as a fellow member of this wonderful and helpful sight I would like to say how I completely agree with you. Cigam you need to learn to respect the other members on this site. Sometimes you may not agree with what others say but you still have to respect them. Making smart remarks back to them is how you get in trouble. Also try to make more productive posts. 20 pictures of your Lego plow trucks is not productive. Also I notice how you have all these pics of trucks and plows yet none of your own equipment. I haven't even seen a pic of your lawn mower you wanted to put a plow on or a snowblower. Not trying to start anything I just don't like it when kids try to deceive others to make them selves look better. Not to say your some 9 year old a kid is really up till your 18 or that your some fony just trying to shine some light on things. Think before you type and spend your time suspended to think on how you can change your attitude.

19. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Having a "towing package" can also include some of the same things needed for plowing. I bought my truck off of the lot; came with the towing package - transmission cooler, 110 amp (I think) alternator, and the actual towing hardware. When I put a plow on it years later, I just added Timbrens and the plow and hardware.

20. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hello,

On the Chevy 04 that I got last year had these specs:Heavier springs, roof lamp provisions, skid plates. It also has a tempature gauge for the the tranny. It came with 2 batterys as well. Which I am still trying to figure out.