1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What else do I need?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Atoetz, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Atoetz

Atoetz Junior Member

i own a 2007 Silverado 2500. Looking at purchasing a used western 7.5' plow that uses unimount system. It does not come with "truck end" of things. What all will I need to purchase to get this up and running. I believe I will need the compatible truck mount, wiring, and controller. What price range should I expect to pay?

Plow: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301532459353

Thanks.

Aaron

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

May want to check with western to see if the even make the items you need to put a unimount on an 07.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What are you using It for? That's a light duty plow fyi. Your 2500 will kill that thing.

4. Atoetz

Atoetz Junior Member

Driveways and maybe a small parking lot. Not going into business. Would you still recommend something else?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. I'd look into the ultramount western plow. Newer system and almost easier to get the mount for. Wiring might be trickier to install IF your not electrically inclined.