1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What DXT to purchase. Steel, Poly, or Stainless

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DuramaxPowered, Oct 27, 2013.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Going to get a new 9.2 DXT. What one do you think looks the best and which one will the snow stick least to? Help me make up my mind. What would you buy?

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Stainless , no doubt about it. ussmileyflag
  3. Stainless looks the best, but poly will be the slickest. I went for stainless on my DXT and it does look sharp. If snow sticks to it, I'll kick it off with my Kamiks or Baffin Bays, ehh.
  4. alpine779

alpine779 Member

We were thinking stainless but the more we thought about it we thought the stainless would start looking pretty shabby and dull after a few storms and wouldn't take much probably to put some dents in it. so we decided on the poly dxt. Don't get me wrong the stainless is nice looking plow but I think after a season of commercial plowing it would lose its luster. All of our plows are poly and we love them. We had steel b4 but would never go back after having poly.

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Get the stainless and coat it with FLUID FILM no problem then unless your concern about weight. Then from what I know which I thought was wrong but found out I was wrong. The steel is liter than the poly and the Stainless Steel is the heaviest of all.So your call but either way i coat all of my plows with Fluid Film.
  6. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I went ahead and purchased a stainless dxt. Snow will be here early this year I think. Really looking forward to getting it.

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Sweet ...wish it was me. good luck