1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What doesn't normally cost to up fit a plow for a triaxel?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ironhills, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Ironhills

Ironhills Junior Member

What does the cost usually run?

I've been searching online to find a used plow. I have found plows but the frames seem to e hard to find. Are they normally custom built for the truck?

D

image.jpg

2. jerzeyguy

jerzeyguy Junior Member
    from 07080

Try going to an auction to find old state equipment. Just look shouldn't be too hard

3. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

The frames are usually custom made and theres so many different things you can do. You can attach the frame to the front axle ( i don't like this way) or you can go straight to the frame. The one on our try axle bolts on, takes about a half hour to put on/off. Pump for our is located inside the cab.

http://youtu.be/kdK9EMf25So?list=UUJMmPyEehG2TYfYWj8Pj5pw

Heres a link to a video of the tri axle. Its not specifically showing just the plow frame but it has there in there and where the reservoir tank is

4. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

look at Penn Hazel Equipment in Hazelton,PA

5. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

If you know a good welder he could probably fab one up for you