1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What does your voltmeter read? NBS

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GetMore, Nov 20, 2005.

1. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I would like to know what your voltmeter reads if you have the new body style Silverado or Sierra. Please also let me know what alternator you have.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

01 Yukon reads just above 14 volts. Has 130 amp
    02 Sierra with Duramax rund 15.5 Not sure which alt. it has
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

04 1/2 ton just over 14v. Not sure which altenator. I did put in dual batts but even when I hit the pwr window switch the lights dim. :mad:
  4. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I upgraded the alternator on mine and now the gauge reads higher. I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that or not.
  5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

mine is at like 15 or so. I think its normal, the previous owner of my truck said it was always like that and his dealer said it was fine and had the batts and alternator checked out, and when I took ownership my dealer said it was fine and not to worry about it.

But the lights do dim when lowering and raising the plow, but I could careless about that, im just glad I have a truck thats 9999% better than my last 2 trucks.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

14v i have the big amp alt.
  7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Just installed a powermaster 14.5 works mint!
  8. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

02 GMC 3\4 ton HD big alt. and it is steady at 15 amps.