1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What does your plow log contain?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Hey guys I was just wondering what you keep in your log, just in case I miss something!

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I just take a notebook and mark down when I get there, services performed, and when I left. I also keep track of how many times I did the property.

3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Time arrived, time departed, temperature, weather conditions (i.e. snowing, sleet, windy, rainy, etc.) material/amount of material applied, time material was applied, existing damage already on lot, File number of any digitial photos that were taken.

4. skmodmsl

skmodmsl Member

I have sketches of the layout of each property I maintain. Things look a lot different when drives and walks are covered with snow. This saves me from doing any damage when plowinig.

5. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Like Boss, i carry a a spiral notebook and just mark down who i did, what time i started and ended, what i did, and how much... I keep it pretty simple so it dosn't get confusing....

Kevin

6. WELDER

WELDER Member

i had an interesting log in the book last year......i was plowing the people down the street last year and i knocked on the door so they would move there cars.i knocked and knocked,and finally the wife came to the door. she looked dissarayed.she said shed be out in 5 to move the cars. i started plowin and when she was moving the cars, some dude came out to bum a cigy from her, and then quickly went back inside.funny he wasnt the husband! :eek: ..guess they were havin a prayer meeting. :rolleyes:

7. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Thats so sad, I hate when stuff like that goes on!