1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What does the warranty actually cover?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Apr 16, 2007.

1. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 7'6" Sno-way MT I bought in 2004. It was off the showroom floor of my local dealer that has not been friendly since I bought it. (story for another time).

When removing the plow normally, I just left it on the ground for the summer. Since I had seen some pics here of people tipping theirs up on the blade for storage, I did that as well since I will save me some room in my small yard. When i did that, I noticed about 8 or 9 chips in the chrome of the large hydraulic lifting cylinder. It still works fine and doesnt appear to be leaking - but I know it can't be good.

Is this something that is covered under the warranty? And if so - can I just "mail it in" to sno-way and have them send me out a new one.

My close-by local dealer is horrible. If I can't mail it in, I will have to travel with it to get it fixed - if its even covered.

Thanks!

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Traditionally, Sno-Way requires all warranties to run back through a dealer. However, it does not necessarily have to be the dealer who sold you the unit.