1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What does the inside of your commercial truck look like?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOSS LAWN, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

What does the inside of your plow truck look like or consist of?

My truck is basically an auto shop in the back seat (tools, chemicals, rags, fluids). Front has a bigger center console with wires to the strobes and CB running wild! :mechanic:

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Right now it looks like a pig pen :-( I need to clean it out and put my tools away from helping my brother in law with is truck.

I love my Z

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Tools...Chemicals.....Fluids.....Not a Good idea to be riding around with all that in the cab......I was in a Pretty bad accident a few years back...I was Knocked-out by a Socket wrench from the Tool box behind the Passenger seat.....:nod:

4. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Cab Over Rig

Not my personal truck but what I am running all winter. I hate having a messy truck, it drives me insane when I have to move stuff around just to sit or have a passenger. Inside is pretty simple and the toolbox on the back stores all the junk and tools...out of sight out of mind.

Boss controller on the door
    Saltdogg controller tucked beside drivers seat
    Rotator beacon plug into sig lighter, haha...nothing fancy here.

Kitchener-20120109-00051.jpg

Kitchener-20120109-00052.jpg

Kitchener-20120109-00053.jpg

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

During the winter i pretty much just give up! I drive A Big crew cab like the one in my sig.
    Some nights i end up sleeping in the back seat for MINI naps, during big storms when i start seeing "pink pandas" Usually after plowing for 36-48 hours straight.
    So i always keep Extra cloths, jackets, Covers,a pillow, Tool "bucket" the one with the compartments, Extra plow parts, Stakes, Paperwork ETC!

My truck is my rolling office and repair truck that happens to have a plow and liquid sprayer

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

This does tend to explain quite a few things.

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

You got all those trucks, lets see what they look like inside!

Here's my plow truck. :D The heater doesn't work and the windshield is missing but she gets it done.
    [​IMG]

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:.....Thats Funny....I have Not been right for Years......

9. Plow man Foster

x2!
    Im glad YOU posted it... I was just going to keep it to myself! :laughing::laughing:
    Thats ALMOST signature worthy content right there!

10. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

That a Fuso? I drive one at my summer job for a ferry company here in MA. great truck! Hows the plow on it? We told my boss to do it but he said it would look to funny.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  11. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Yea its a Mitsubishi Fuso, and sure some people think they look funny, and I have had people even make fun of me for driving such an ugly truck. Personally I kinda like to look, doesn't look funny at all to me.

They are the only truck I would ever buy now for a maintenance/construction company. Fuel mileage alone is like double what our ford 1tons are getting and they handle loads just as well. Ride is a little rough but worth it.

Its great with a plow because you are looking right down over it so you can get nice and close to things unlike a normal truck where all you have are the plow markers to guide you. I am pretty sure there was a helper leaf spring added in the front to help handle the plow, but I couldn't tell you for sure, it doesn't sag at all when you lift it.

12. Plow man Foster

i assume its 4w?
    We used to has a isuzu.. same truck cab over 2500hd. It was ok in the summer but we also had a 8ft plow on it... HATED It. since it was only 2wd. It sucked in big snows. always had to have salt in the bed...then had to worry about it freezing up on you. The only thing i really liked about it was that i had that nice panoramic view i had of sitting right on-top of the snow.

13. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Its only 2wd, haven't ever had issues, all of our 1tons are 2wd and they do fine. We only do commercial so we don't get it as many tight slippery conditions as some people. It's also our salt truck and has a modified salt dogg spreader that holds about 2.5 yards. Plow is a 9'-2" boss V-RT2

14. blazer2plower

I plow for a guy and thats all he has,not bad put 1000 lb in the back. They will push alot more than you thank.

I love my Z

15. Plow man Foster

Yeah you're right with it plowed like a MO FO if you kept the weight in it. For me i had a Dump bed so we would keep a Pallat or load of salt in the bed. But it SUCKed because we had to worry about the salt freezing up. Never thought about getting a block... But it didnt work out because our driver of that truck kept getting stuck! We were plowing subs i told him to convoy behind me but instead he wanted to pretend he was in a tank and use the WHOLE plow instead of half of it. <<that was just one instance! I think a 4wd truck is a MUST in michigan commercial lots!

16. G.Landscape

from Ontario

With our other 1tons without salters that's what we do, one of the large mafia blocks strapped down, works pretty good.

17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

X2 on the chemicals, tools etc. Last season I carried a 152 piece set and a bunch of stuff in a small box. Some idiot ran a red light and I swerved to avoid him and the tool box shifted, box went flying into my coffee in the cup holder, then coffee all over the radio and heater controls. Now that we have a shop, everything stays put and if we need a part it's usually 10 minutes away. The chemical part.....this year I left a bottle of diesel fuel treatment on the floor and it leaked out and I'm still kind of dizzy after a couple days ago. Can't wait to get my under bed tool box installed. All I have in there now is a jacket, towel and paperwork in a briefcase looking thing, I feel so much better when everything is nice and neat.

18. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I drive a Fuso at the ferry company I work for in the summer (Hy-Line Cruises). It is a great truck, GREAT fuel economy. and it turns on a time. Easy to drive and comfy. More room than I ever expected! We have a 12ft dump bed on it with a lift gate. How much does your truck weigh?

19. Plow man Foster

Mine was the same thing. Truckcraft 12 ft dump bed. 1 ton 14,500gvw

20. blazer2plower

That I can not tell you. I only drive for him if one of his regular guys are a no show. As for the weight it is stone.
    he plows a lot of subdivisions with them. He has 6 of them. And I have ppushed 6" of wet snow with no problemsat all
    I do know the heaters suck in them. Not a bad truck in northeast Indiana.

I love my Z