1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what does the BLUE wire in the connector do?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by mikeplowman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

i noticed that the BLUE pin in the plow side connector is pushed in. i have tried to pull it with small needle nose pliers but no luck yet. i am thinking about cutting the connector off and re-wiring a new connector on. ANY THOUGHTS????

i have a '09 hinny st8 blade. my other thoughts were that hiniker put the same connectors on all their plows (straight, v, c, scoop) and maybe that BLUE wire is to control the functions of the v or c or scoop plow.

Does anyone know what the BLUE wire does?
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Blue is usually the float (down) function at the coils.

There is a repinning kit available from Hiniker for the plugs. Personally have never used it. The pigtail kits are much more popular. I don't remember the price. $20-80.

The V-plows and the c-plows used to use an additonal 3 wire harness and plug for the extra functions.
  3. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

does hiniker make better connectors now a days or are they still the same circle pin plugs? i think my connectors seem kinda of weak engineering on their part.

my plow still stays in the float position with the blue wire pushed in. what exactly is a "pigtail"? is it the whole connector with all wires and i would just have to cut and splice them together?
  4. GRIZZ88

GRIZZ88 Junior Member
    from WI

I found a pin at my Chevy dealer.....used a razor blade to cut the rubber and pulled on the wire and the old pin came out....cut off old pin clamped on new one...shoved it back in...used some permatex black silicon and its better than new
  5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I hope this helps you.