1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you wear?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by McGaw, Nov 18, 2008.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

I'm surprised noone has asked this? Or else I jsut haven't found it...
    But what does everyone wear while plowing?

I personally wear; long underwear, under armour socks, big socks, wool socks, Dakota steel toes, carhartt pants and dakota pants, long sleeve under armour, shirt, sweater, dakota coat, a tuque and gloves.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I wear on my quad a carhart, timberlands, nice heavy socks, a warm hat to cover the ears and gloves.

In the truck I wear a hoodie, my tim's, and a hat.
  3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

T-shirt in side the cab of the Rhino.:waving:
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

When I plow with my ATV I wear Uder Armor under wear, wool socks, insulated Carhartt lined jeans, t-shirt, Carhartt sweat shirt, Carhartt coveralls, Carhartt jacket, wool hat over my baseball cap, Kinco gloves, and for boots I wear Rangers (red rubber boots with the yellow tow).

In the truck I wear wool socks, insulated Carhartt lined jeans, t-shirt, Carhartt sweat shirt, base ball cap, and for boots I wear Rangers.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  5. pby98

pby98 Member

i wear under armour cold gear underneath everyhting with under armour socks. carhart bibs with timberland pros on my feet. usually i wear my big hunting jacket but sometimes its too big so ill wear a waterpreoof insulated jacket. a heavy insulated hat and hunting gloves
  6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

my flats. knee highs. ronald mcdonald t-shirt. camoflage jacket. daffy duck hat and a plaid skirt. If its really cold i will bring my ear muffs and wear superman tights.
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

valentines day snow storm I wore shorts in the truck because it was more comfortable since I was in the truck basically for 72 hours straight.
  8. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

I wear several layers.. I get hot as hell inside my truck while driving to my spots.

I usually wear my UnderArmour (cold gear), sweat shirt, my hooded sweat shirt over that.. then my carhartt jacket. I also wear Dickie Insulated bib overalls. I have these really nice winter gloves also. .that are water proof. My hands have never been wet with them. On my face I wear a Seirus Neofleece Comfort Mask.. and also this thing that wraps around my head and ears. Over my eyes I wear my Helmet googles. Then.. last but not leave my Wolverine (w/ goretex) boots. My feet stay warm :)

If there is a wet snow falling I usually wear this Columbia water proof coat.

I almost never get that really cold feeling when I plow.
  9. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Jeans or sweat pants, carhartt bibs and jacket with a sweat shirt underneath. Some expesive high end snow boots but forget the brand. Neck warmer with facemask, helmit at times, ski doo gloves
  10. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt with waterproof bibs on top. then my carhart coat over the bibs. i wear 2 pairs of heavy socks and rocky boots. on my head i wear an under armor face mask and my atv helmet with goggels(feels like getting hit by a bunch of little bullets if you dont cover your face)
  11. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Haven't plowed much yet but for the ATV I just purchased the Carhartt Artic coveralls and Artic coat with my irish setter boots, hat and carhartt waterproof gloves.
    For the truck it will be a hoodie, gloves hat and boots.
  12. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I wear a flannel shirt and jeans. I keep multiple layers of clothes in the truck in case I break down. When I contact a new client and they ask if I do sidewalks, I tell them that my union contract says I don't have to get out of my truck, which usually gets a good laff. But until I'm done plowing I don't get outta my truck.
  13. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

speedo's here...
  14. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

Working: Long underware, ski pants, ski socks, boots, long sleve shirt, fleece, ski coat, hat, oakley goggles, gloves.

In the truck: Long sleve shirts, ski pants, boots.

I'm sick of plowing on a quad lol.
  15. Indy

Indy Senior Member

mesh, lots of mesh:jester:
  16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're my hero, bri. :nod:
  17. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

My turban keeps my head warm & socks with my sandals
  18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got carhartt bibs and jacket on or I wear my turnout gear for the firedepartment.:D
  19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Are we talking truck side or ATV\shoveling?

In the truck, it's just me and my thong.

ATV, it's my fur-lined thong.
  20. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Mark
    That just wrong, I will forever have this picture in my head of you plowing in a thong. LOL

Regards Mike