1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you wear to be comfortable in the cab?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by koppandson, Nov 10, 2010.

1. koppandson

koppandson Junior Member

Another question I'd like to see across the board ... What do you drivers out there wear to be comfortable all night?

Obviously, us drivers don't wear full snow gear. Do you have any special outfit you wear or just whatever your daily clothes are for the day? Any gear that you couldn't do the job without? How about gear you can't stand?
    xysport

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

A pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie are what I wear in the truck. I take along two pairs of workboots and a few pairs of socks just in case my feet get wet.

3. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

jeans t-shirt and have a carhart in the passenger seat if I need to get out,

4. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Jeans and hoodie. Carharts always in the truck

5. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Are you kidding me Kopp?

6. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I wear pretty much what I usually wear in the winter....jeans, a long sleeved shirt, a fleece, regular shoes, and I keep Carhartt overall's and boots in the back seat in case things get ugly.

7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I wear a leapord spotted snuggie!

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Ll bean boots, jeans, t shirt, sweat shirt, carhartt jacket, pair of gloves and hunter orange winter cap.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

jeans. long sleeve shirt and carry carharts just in case

10. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

carhartt pants, hoodie and logger boots, same thing i wear everyday. carhartt jackets in the truck too

i prefer the carhartt pants over jeans because they tend not to get as wet, with jeans moisture always seems to soak up the pant leg from the bottom

11. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Same for me. Seems that Carharts are popular.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the bottoms of my jeans are usually frozen a few drives in (I shovel walkways too).

13. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I usually have some lined pants or even techwick long underware on heavy coat hat and gloves near by. I like to have my windows down so it gets cold in the cab and I dress accordingly

14. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Window is always down. I love the sound of a cold steel blade rubbing against the asphalt. Anyhow, t-shirt, flannel, carhart sweatshirt, and the regular carhart, and gloves are in the seat next to me. Of course an extra pair of socks, and an extra pair of dry workboots just in case.

15. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

:laughing:

16. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Boots, jeans, and a hoodie. Always carry extra of everything just in case something gets wet.

17. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I wear lined carhart pants, a T-shirt, hoodie, nice warm boots (my feet are always cold in my bobcat). In the truck I keep a whole change of clothes, jacket, bibs and 2 pair of gloves.

I give my brother hell for plowing in sneakers, cargo pants and a Tshirt. If he ever has a breakdown he will freeze to death lol.

18. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I wear carhart bibs but after a few hours just run alittle defrost window down. Best tip ever is take your wallet out put it in your glovebox. The little extra spacer in the backend will make your back feel screwy.

19. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Water proof socks, and sandals and what ever else.. Nothing special, I try to stay in the truck. Of course boots and jacket always behind the seat

20. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

much of the above but will also have my touque:nod: