1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you use for weather sites?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by WetChicken, Jan 14, 2007.

1. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

I just heard on Trucking Bozo that Steve uses www.weatherstreet.com for some of his weather discussions on his show. One link in particular http://www.weatherstreet.com/Snowstorm.htm shows what it says.
    Right now they have one product that isn't working, but the rest of the site appears to be.

I personally use a mix of sites, including www.weathertap.com (pay site but worth it), www.weather.com, www.intellicast.com once in a while, and www.wunderground.com. I especially like www.wunderground.com/severe.asp since it gives a good look at the whole U.S.A.

Jason

2. tkahike

tkahike Member

Ambient Weather has a great program for your PC, no spyware, no ad's, just a simple program. You can get it for free at www.ambientweather.com/freedownload.html

I have an older pc at home dedicated to that with it's radar. You can set your alerts, and the data can be retrieved from local weather stations.

As for online, weather channel or underground.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I use weatherbug.com, johndee.com and of course weather.com

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

accuweather, weather underground, and my local news stations online.

5. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

I use NOAA for the forecast. The forecast discussion (click on it in the tabs under the radar) is very interesting and it gives you the story behind the forecast. I use accuweather for the radar as it is more local (tighter area). Use the NOAA link below and type your ZIP in the box. I also use this as my homepage.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=Durand&state=MI&site=DTX

6. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

I use NOAA, National Weather Service. The website is www.nws.noaa.gov Very accurate especially when you type in your zip code. It gives you all weather alerts for your area. Getting ready for some good snow here!!! payup

7. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Once again proving that a little effort from everyone is better than all the effort from one person!
    I haven't heard of johndee.com or the program that Ambient Weather has. Johndee.com was nice, and seemed to focus on the upper midwest. I couldn't get the ambient Weather program working, but that is likely a problem with this computer.

Any other places anyone?