1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you think ???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ultimateinc, Nov 1, 2009.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

ok guys want to level out a 1500HD. what do you think is the best way ? timbrens? leveling kit? and what brands ? looking to get about 2 inches out of it or atleast enought strength to hold a western 8-6

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What T-bars is it equipped with? Some of the 1500HD's came equipped with some rather soft ones..

3. ultimateinc

ohhh im not sure i could look. its a 2002 chevy 1500HD. what would i be looking for to tell if there good ones or bad ones ? i know they have been set to the bottom since new i just cranked them up a few turns and looks better. just wanna make sure they hold a plow

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look to see if the identification tags are still on them. Should be a decal around each bar with a code such as "LGK" for example. Those are the codes we need to know to identify which bars they are. The 1500HD's often require a bar upgrade to support a decent weight plow properly.

5. ultimateinc

ok ill check underneath it and get back thanks for the knowledgeable info :salute:

6. ultimateinc

ok i checked under and the bar says LGL 15528965. hope this lets you know what kind they are. thnaks

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The GL's are fine. Add a few turns to them to get the truck reasonably level and add a set of Timbrens. Proper ballast will be necessary too. Of course no matter what you do it will likely be over on the actual FAWR but of course that's your choice. :angel:

8. ultimateinc

ok thanks so much for the helpful info. do you recommend timbrens or maybe like a leveling kit like some of the other guys have done on here ?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You should be able to get enough adjustment from the stock setup to make a "leveling kit" unnecessary. Then just add the Timbrens.

10. ultimateinc

sounds like thats the best thing to do. i will order some timbrens. thanks much for the info:salute::salute: