1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by snow problem, Jan 30, 2009.

1. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Well I blew one of the air-lift air bags on the chrerokee, went to a place that puts new coil springs on, guy said he could put some heavy duty ones on that would eliminate me having to bag it again. I also talked to him about tembrens (sp), he said the new coils would do the job. He wants $400 to insall the tembrens and versus $250 for the spings installed. What do you guys think, should I go for the tembrens or the new coils. Thanks..

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

And when you take the plow off it will ride high in the front and stiff as hell.

3. snow problem

So, what would you do...., are you saying that then new coils would make the front end high and ride stiff or the tembrens would cause this....

4. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

Coils would be to stiff of a drive with the plow off.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I would use air shocks Life time guarantee from Auto Zone. Put the plow on pump them up take the plow off let the air out. the problem with using stiffer springs or timbrins is they add stiffness to the suspension ALL THE TIME. when you take the plow off you still have the stiff springs or the timbrins.

6. snow problem

I thought they don't make air shocks that fit a 99 cherokee sport anymore. if they do do you know the brand and part number.

7. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

8. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Why did the air bag blow? Too much/little air pressure? Wear thru? Since I have Air-Lift in the front, I want to be ready!!! BTW, you can buy a replacement air bag for about $40.

Fran

9. snow problem

I think the bump stop that I cut off (not enough) pushed through the top of one. Thanks for the infor guys..

10. snow problem

Where, I did not know they sold them seperate.

11. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

12. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Was the red plastic washer-type thing (about 3-4 inches in diameter and about 3/8 inch thick) bolted into the bottom of the bump stop to prevent that from happening?

Fran

13. snow problem

Thanks for the link, I ordered the hole kit for 80 bucks, in case something is diffrent or I will have an extra on on hand. Thanks again.