1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I would like to get some input on pricing a stone drive. I was asked to bid a drive for a radio stations tower, its 15 min from closest account, it is 1/2 mile long and rough as hell. I plowed it last night as I was already there and curious how long it would take. I plowed 1st pass in the V and it looked great but then made another swipe to clean it up. Here is my thing the plowing only took me 8 min but it beat the truck pretty good and it takes 15 min to get there and 15 min back . Im not that good at bidding out drives this size but I can exchange plowing for ad time on the station or just get payed per push.
  2. Mayosnowfish

Mayosnowfish Junior Member

I have would have a minimum (1) hour charge for your truck..... whats you time worth??
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I would tell them I don't plow stone drives. To hard on the equipment.
  4. Kunker

Kunker Member

My thoughts exactly...say 10 minutes of work but 30 of travel time gets you close to the hour, then add the extra abuse to your truck.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

PM Camden he does a few of those towers.
  6. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Plow it next year and get another handful of accounts in the area, make it worth it.
  7. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Thanks guys